PDA

View Full Version : Mother and child

Lisa_Louise
02-08-2009, 03:23 AM
What is your impression on this one? Is it too tight and possibly to much of the mothers arm.
Lisa Louise

Keith_A_Howe
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Lisa, IMO this image will not merit. I was bothered by the baby's expression and I was going to suggest you pass on this one but I showed it to Holly. She suggested the changes shown below and the title "Get your OWN Girl". It explains the expression and eliminates the mom who is not lit advantageously. As a dad of boys I have seen that "posessive of mom" look on my son's faces many times. With this crop we are getting just enough of mom to tell the story. It also eliminates some of the top of baby's head that looks out of propotion to his mouth and chin. I suspect this was a relatively short lens. Babies do have disproportinate heads as compared to adults but this seems more then just what's naturally like that. You need to fix the bags under the eyes and enhance the eyes just a bit. Either you already worked them or this kid has real natural crescents in his eyes. I still don't feel these changes will get this to a merit - without seeing the actual print - but I do think you will get into the above average catergory. As I said to you in a PM in NE we have a novice award based on cummulative score. So this could be a good choice to fill out your case.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/LisaLouise.jpg

Keith

Lisa_Louise
02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Keith,
I have not worked the eyes at all, this mother and son have amazing eyes. I was afraid to work the tired eyed look , because I thought it added to his demeanor about his mothers kiss. But....I like everything you suggested. I will email you the whole picture, maybe I missed somethin there too. Thank you! Thank you Holly.....
Lisa Louise