PDA

View Full Version : How are we notified?

Elizabeth_Pokela
02-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Just curious--is it snail mail or e-mail that tells us whether we passed the image review or not? I also had some trouble uploading my images, but I was under the impression based on an e-mail from Marissa that the deadline was midnight 2/5--so of course I pressed submit at 11:57 pm Thursday. I wish I had realized I had another day. I got a thank you message so I hope the submission was in order. I'm not feeling optimistic after spending more time on the gallery that anyone should while refining my selections--

I am also curious about the judging process. Thumbs up, thumbs down, scoring panel, more than one judge?? How does it work?

Oh well, think good thoughts for the next few weeks! And thank you to Michael and others who provide feedback and info on this process--it makes it slightly less mystifying.

Elizabeth

Cindi_K_McDaniel
02-07-2009, 02:29 PM
I received an email from marissa a couple weeks after the review!

Michael_Gan
02-07-2009, 04:29 PM
If you are a PPA member, look at your merit chart a couple of days after final judging. Marisa is very good at updating that. You will see "Credentials: CPP".

Rose_Mary_Cheek
02-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Elizabeth.... I was wondering the same thing.... I also got my images uploaded and was curious how it all went.

Guess we'll just wait to hear.

Wish you the best..

Barbi_Barnum
02-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Michael it would only say that if you had already passed the written exam....right? If you haven't passed the written exam then you the only way to know is through the email from Marissa. Is that correct?

Michael_Gan
02-09-2009, 02:53 PM
It would only say this on your merit record if you have completed and passed both. That would signify that you are a full-fledged CPP

Michael_Gan
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey Elizabeth.... I was wondering the same thing.... I also got my images uploaded and was curious how it all went.

Guess we'll just wait to hear.

Wish you the best..Judging begins now with 4 judges individually making their assessments this week. Next Monday, all 4 will meet in a conference call with 3 more judges to discuss the submissions that were rejected from any one of the four judges. Usually, within a few days, Marisa has it updated on your merit record. That is, if she's not too swamped getting caught up with the merit updates from IUSA and other stuff.