PDA

View Full Version : SWPP Spider Award

Sandra_Pearce
02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
If you remember my spider image, I entered it in the SWPP Competition back in July. It won International Nature & Science Photograph of 2008. Went to England the end of January and picked up my award. What a great convention they had. After watching the news we were so happy we missed all the snow.

Sandra

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/sandrapearce/spiderppa.jpg

cat_broderick
02-05-2009, 06:14 PM
What a stunning image Sandra! Congrats!

D._Craig_Flory
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi Sandra;

That is wonderful. Are you selling fine art matted prints of it ... signed and numbered limited editions ?

Our son has a spider hanging on a spun thread tatoo on his one arm.

Keith_A_Howe
02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Great image, what an awesome award. Big Congratulations! But fill in this ignorant guy - what is SWPP?

Keith

Sandra_Pearce
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks Cat.

Craig, I made a couple of posters for people before I won SWPP. I put Hang In There on the bottom of the image.

Keith, The official name is Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers located in London. They have contests every month in tons of categories. Each month they pick gold, silver & bronze winners in each category. The gold winners are published in their magazine "Imagemaker" every two months. These winners come from all over the world. At the end of the year an overall winner is chosen from the monthly gold winners, one from England and one International. They review all the silver winners at the end of the year and upgrade to gold if they feel they missed any. I had one updated to gold. They had 15000 people attend their convention in London. You would enjoy their web-site. You join their organization and you can enter each month. They post all the winning images each month.

Sandra