PDA

View Full Version : MA Print Comp Entries for CC..

cat_broderick
02-04-2009, 11:51 PM
I always seem to be rushing to print comp! But I could not consider printing without the tried and true advice I get on this forum. Appreciate any and all comments, and thanks for taking time out of your day.

ANy title suggestions welcome. This first one I was considering "The Choice"

cat_broderick
02-04-2009, 11:52 PM
"Heirloom"

cat_broderick
02-04-2009, 11:54 PM
"White Collar Worker" or something along those lines. Wheres Holly??:D

cat_broderick
02-04-2009, 11:55 PM
"Heyyy Sailor..." (this one I realize the shadows have lost detail, will rework tomorrow.

cat_broderick
02-04-2009, 11:56 PM
"Cocoon" or "Creamy" something. She just looks so soft and creamy to me.

cat_broderick
02-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Sorry dont know how to post a bunch other than this way.

"Sandy Dreamer" ?? I got nothing on this one.

Keith_A_Howe
02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
The first one - On this low res file her chest looks brighter then her face. If that's the case fix it. title - just "Take Notice" to refer back to the sign.

Heirloom - fix the bright stripe where the sun is hitting the drape. Can you take the background down or just remove that wooden chair back there? It's distracting. Make sure you haven't lost detail in the gown - can't tell on this file.

White Collar worker - Instead "It's a White Collar Job" Get rid of that hot spot of sky in upper right corner. Right now he looks like he is standing kinda stiffly in front of some kinda tank or machine. Tip it a bit more so he looks like he is really leaning on whatever that is.

Hey sailor - I don't get the title. I expected to see a baby in a sailor outfit. I don't mind a title that makes you expect one thing and then see another - but not a title that doesn't make sense.

Cocoon, like the title, crop off some from the bottom. Do you have any more room camera left? In front of the baby?

Sandy dreamer - I guess she is at the beach? There is nothing in the image that shows sand - just grass, so again it's confusing. Instead "Small Comfort in a Big World" Holly gave that title to someone else a year ago or so, I think it was Jeff. But no problem reusing a title unless it's been terribly over used.

Keith

cat_broderick
02-05-2009, 12:38 AM
I was hoping you'd chime in! Let me get to those changes tomorrow...I love the title for the last one too-thanks to Holly for creating it and you for sharing.

cat_broderick
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Oh, "Hey Sailor" was in reference to the fact that she's hiking up her dress.:)

Keith_A_Howe
02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh, "Hey Sailor" was in reference to the fact that she's hiking up her dress.:)

Too far a stretch IMO. Maybe someone else will chime in and say if it was obvious to them.

Keith

cat_broderick
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Posting with Rec'd changes.

cat_broderick
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
White Collar JOb with changes, and an alternative. Same model so can only use one or the other.