PDA

View Full Version : Poking my head in

Kimberly_Hill
01-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm testing in South Carolina on Feb. 9th and am really enjoying and appreciating all of the info here. Congratulations to those who recently passed!

tnhillbillytoo
01-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Me too, Kimberly. Hopefully we will be among the certified soon!

Kimberly_Hill
01-26-2009, 06:47 PM
I registered this morning and only feel a little sick to my stomach. Okay, A LOT sick to my stomach!

D._Craig_Flory
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi Kimberly;

Remember that this is not a pass or go away situation. You have up to two years to pass the exam and have a body of work approved. Relax and have fun with it. It is multiple choice so you can look at the answers and then pick which one you know is correct or looks the most correct. Your 1st choice is usually the best.

ChontelleBrown
01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Good luck Kimberly and Michelle. I've toyed around with the idea of taking in June at Florida School.

Chontelle

Patty_Fox
01-27-2009, 02:18 AM
Hey Kimberly!

It's been a long time! You will do great. My advice is to be sure to go over the answer sheet to make sure you marked the choice you intended! Circle the answer on the question sheet so you can compare it when you finish. Anyway, I did this when I took the exam recently in Phoenix and found I had miss-marked several, so I was glad I checked.

Just found out I passed! Took the exam after the Meeks review class and know that it helped me tremendously. Now I am worried about the image review......

Kimberly_Hill
01-27-2009, 12:41 PM
HUGE congratulations to you, Patty!! Michelle and I don't have the benefit of a cram class before the test since SC has chosen not to offer one (ugh) but I'll definitely take your advice about marking the test and the answer sheet to compare at the end.

Patty_Fox
01-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Do the practice questions that are online for the London book and you should be in good shape. The new sample questions that are listed on the certification site are more representative of the new exam.

Use basic multiple choice test taking skills, like reading the question for absolute cue words (like "always", "never", "only"). Those generally are a clue that that answer is not it! Usually you can narrow down to the most reasonable answer if you are not sure.

I know you have been studying a while and I am sure you will do well! You only need a 70 to pass!