PDA

View Full Version : I passed!!!

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah! I passed the certification exam (in spite of having way too much fun and not enough studying) in Phoenix--I was worried. But I passed!

Now on to the images--

Good luck to all my fellow testers!

Elizabeth

Joe_Galioto
01-24-2009, 05:19 PM
congrats elizabeth!
joe

Louise_St_Romain
01-24-2009, 05:42 PM
congrats!!!!

D._Craig_Flory
01-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi Elizabeth;

Isn't it a help to have it multiple choice ? If just asked for an answer you may not remember but given 4 possibles it is like "oh, yeah ... that'as it" ! :)

So, congratulations and now on to the image submission. Get them up on the galleries for critiques soon.

Mark_Levesque
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Way to go, Elizabeth!

Don_Chick
01-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Congratulations, you're 1/2 way there.

Erin_L._Clark
01-24-2009, 06:07 PM
hey Congrats Elizabeth!!! Fantastic!

I dont' think I passed. I'm okay with that though- I knew I'd have to come back to the states to retake it...a good excuse for more shopping!

Wouldn't it show that I at least passed the image submission?? Because it doesn't - not to mention a merit point for the pre-convention class I took... ??

Marc_Benjamin
01-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Congrats! Now as tradition, drinks on you at the next con.

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the congratulations--and for all the help and encouragement I have received from all of you over the past couple of years. I wouldn't have stayed the course without it. I'm looking forward to putting up some images for critique.

Erin, I'm still thinking positive for you! And yes, at least the image part is done for you. That part is a little tougher for me because of having to make the choices. I'd rather take the test! And yes, multiple choice helps, although it is my least favorite test method. I tend to overanalyze and start to get confused--

Glad it's over for sure--

Elizabeth

Cheri_MacCallum
01-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Congratulations!!!

D._Craig_Flory
01-24-2009, 07:00 PM
hey Congrats Elizabeth!!! Fantastic!

I dont' think I passed. I'm okay with that though- I knew I'd have to come back to the states to retake it...a good excuse for more shopping!

Wouldn't it show that I at least passed the image submission?? Because it doesn't - not to mention a merit point for the pre-convention class I took... ??

I am crossing my fingers that you answered 70 correctly.

MarkTurner
01-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Congratulations, Elizabeth!

I also received my blue envelope in today's mail saying I passed the written in Phoenix. Now it's on to image selection. I'm still debating how to deal with that since most of my business to date has been stock photography (most recently 6 photos in the February 2009 Sunset magazine Garden Bonus section). The gentleman administering the exam in Phoenix said I could submit photos that were published in the past two years. Or I could wait until I get enough portrait customers and send those along.

Having the test all multiple choice certainly made it easier, but even so it's been about 30 years since I was in a classroom taking tests.

-- Mark Turner

Troy_Hill
01-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Does the test cover view cameras, or has it moved to digital?

I've been avoiding the test for years because I don't want to learn view camera. Film isn't a problem, but I'm curious how much the testing has embraced digital...

Erin_L._Clark
01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
thanks Elizabeth- :-)

I am crossing my fingers that you answered 70 correctly.
thanks Craig- Me too- but I was so dog tired that week, I wouldn't be surprised... it's okay. Now that I've done the flight- I am finding the military flights more reliable!

Mark_Levesque
01-24-2009, 10:55 PM

I've been avoiding the test for years because I don't want to learn view camera. Film isn't a problem, but I'm curious how much the testing has embraced digital...
Don't worry. The majority of the test is on things that are current and relevant, and much less on historical items.

Stephanie_Millner
01-24-2009, 11:15 PM

Don't avoid it just for that. It's only like 1 or 2 questions on view cameras. Nothing all that tough either. (Just do it!)

Tod_Gomes
01-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Congrats!!!

Misty_Cromer
01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Congradulations..

Rose_Mary_Cheek
01-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey Elizabeth, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you... I got mine in the mail today as well, and I pass.... Ya Hooooo!!!! 1/2 way there girl friend

Cassandra_Sullivan
01-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Congratulations to all of you!

Erin_L._Clark
01-29-2009, 05:11 PM
so I'm wondering about the color of the envelope- does it mean anything?

Erin_L._Clark
01-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Apparently, it doesn't mean anything bad.... :D

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Congratulations to all who have passed--especially Erin! You'll have to come up with another reason to come back home!

Rose Mary, I'll see you in Raleigh--gosh, it's right around the corner--

Elizabeth

Sara_Nelson
02-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Congratulations, that's awesome!