PDA

View Full Version : Critique Please

Greg_Haag
01-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Ok I have be moved to action by Keith's thread "Why you do or don't compete". So one of my 2009 goals is to submit 2 images in print competition. So I think my first step is to start with a basic image and get some understanding of where to go from there. So here goes!
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Rick_Massarini
01-19-2009, 07:24 AM
... So one of my 2009 goals is to submit 2 images in print competition...

Don't stop at two !!! - that's only half a case. At Affiliated Regionals and at the International Judging you can send in four prints in a case - why send in 2 when you can send in 4 for the same price????

Nice image - I can't get it to open up in large size - all I get is a list of lettering - but from the small thumbnail, I would say that it needs to be cropped in a good bit to reduce that little light areas in front of her face. The highlights on her face need to be taken down a bit to keep them from blowing out. It may look much better at full size so my comments may be off a bit. I'll look back again tomorrow - maybe I can get a bigger image to come up next time...

Just Do It !!! - Pick out your best 4 and send them to the International Judging - and request a critique !!!

Greg_Haag
01-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Rick,
Thanks for the feedback. If you are unable to view a larger image let me know if there is a different way I should upload images so that you get a larger image. Rick, when is the international judging? I am going to dig into the ppa website today and try to get a better feel about when to send images in and how the point system works (i.e. state, national).
Thanks again,
Greg