PDA

View Full Version : OurPPA get together

Jeff_Dachowski
01-17-2009, 02:01 AM
So...Here it is. Proof that we all exist!!

Have fun!
Jeff
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/WC5K8290.jpg

Linda_Gregory
01-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Names, we need names. In order. Names.

Mike_Fulton
01-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Wish I could have made it!

Simply too much going on as always it seems!

Hopefully next time in Nashville!

Barbi_Barnum
01-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Lol...who did the clothing consult for THAT group photo!!!

D._Craig_Flory
01-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Besides clothing problems, I think a better background could have been used ... Maybe a nice grey old masters. There is a cord coming out of an outlet on the right side. One woman got cut off and only has one eye showing. Posing is awful ... I suggest getting the Don Blair book "Body Parts". The expressions are not uniform. I see big smiles and really serious too. Ok ... as a judge on this state panel I give it a 58. If this were the Imaging judging it would get a thumbs down !!! :D

I must say ... there were a lot of foxes and hotties in that group ! :p

Thanks for sharing Jeff. I see people know from in person like you and Louise. Once we get a detailed list it will be cool to put names to faces.

George_Hawkins
01-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Couldn't they find a more appropriate background?
Do we really know it's in AZ?

Barbi_Barnum
01-17-2009, 12:54 PM
D Craig....You didn't even mention the catch lights....or lack there of...

Andrea_Chapelo
01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Look at Holly hiding behind my big hair..:D

D._Craig_Flory
01-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Here is the image, enhanced. If you will notice, I was actually there. :p

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/OurPPAAtConventionEnhanced.jpg

Gene_Paltrineri
01-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry I missed the photo. Could only spend a couple minutes at the reception, had "orange shirt" duties. Great meeting some members in person.

chelane
01-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Me, on the floor, in the hat. The guy on the floor with his hand up to his face was entirely too funny!

Cheri_MacCallum
01-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Missed ya'll this year! Too much happening! I'll definitely make it next year!

Lori_Clapp
01-19-2009, 02:39 AM
I don't think we can list names because we don't know a lot of the people in the photograph. At least I don't.
D. Craig - why don't you come for real next year so you can actually be in the picture?? Did you enter prints in comp this year? If you did, you should post them and tell us how you did! I never see any of your comp prints.

Sorry to hijack, D. Craig just got me curious why we never meet him at any of our conventions???

Ashley_Short
01-19-2009, 06:03 AM
D. Craig, I love your add on. But, I must say, I think you have an addiction to PS. You should get that checked out. lol

Rick_Massarini
01-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Wasn't there just one shot where Holly wasn't hiding??? I remember that a couple of shots were taken...

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Looks like I left the reception a few minutes too early. I enjoyed getting to see everyone and also getting to meet new faces. See you all next year in Nashville!

Michael_Gan
01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't think we can list names because we don't know a lot of the people in the photograph. At least I don't.
D. Craig - why don't you come for real next year so you can actually be in the picture?? Did you enter prints in comp this year? If you did, you should post them and tell us how you did! I never see any of your comp prints.

Sorry to hijack, D. Craig just got me curious why we never meet him at any of our conventions???
This same image is on facebook with names tagged on it. Perhaps we can get tagging capabilities on here someday;)

D._Craig_Flory
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM

Hi Lori;

I have been to a couple when they were in Atlantic City. I'd like to get to the one next year. I normally enter our Pa. state competition every year. Imaging is once in a blue moon as is regional. I do need to start entering Imaging often now. I am maxed out with 12 "other" merits so I need to to work on the 13 print merits.

Charity_Reed
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
How can we access the facebook site? I would love to see the image with the names tagged. I have a facebook account. I just need to know where to find the one with this image.

Thanks,
Charity

Ashley_Short
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
How can we access the facebook site? I would love to see the image with the names tagged. I have a facebook account. I just need to know where to find the one with this image.

Thanks,
Charity

I have an account and would love to see it w/ tagged names as well. Unfortunately, we were running late and didn't get a lot of mingling time, so I know many of the faces but not all.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-19-2009, 10:55 PM

Thanks,
Charity
Hi CHarity,
Friend me, and it is in my photo album

Jeff

Lori_Clapp
01-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow - I did not realize so many people from the forum were at Imaging. I didn't do a very good job of meeting people this year. I guess I wasn't very social like I was last year. I wish I would have met more of you!!

Erin_L._Clark
01-24-2009, 06:25 PM
what lens was used? My gawd it made me look fat! - oh wait, maybe it was all that gorging I did of anything NOT Italian! :D

John_Pacetti
01-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Craig

Sometimes I think you have too much time on your hands!!!
LOL!!!!!

Thanks!

Michael_Gan
01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
what lens was used? My gawd it made me look fat! - oh wait, maybe it was all that gorging I did of anything NOT Italian! :DAw, from what I saw, you'd still qualify for Hooters :D

Marc_Benjamin
01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Aw, from what I saw, you'd still qualify for Hooters :D

As a connoisseur in the subject, I agree!

andiegoodman
01-28-2009, 02:38 AM
It sounds like everyone had a great time. I was bummed to have missed it. Here's to next year in TN.

Rick_Massarini
01-28-2009, 04:14 AM
It sounds like everyone had a great time. I was bummed to have missed it. Here's to next year in TN.

Next year's convention will NOT be one to miss ! With Ron Nichols as President of PPA and Ernie Johnson as President of ASP (and the convention being in Ernie's home state) the 2010 convention will have to be an absolute BLAST !!! I just got back from Phoenix and I'm already making my plans to attend the Nashville party - now if they'll just release the hotel information....

Erin_L._Clark
01-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Aw, from what I saw, you'd still qualify for Hooters :D

As a connoisseur in the subject, I agree!

LOL! :p

Yah, my hubby loves those- monsters.

jim_heidorn
01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Next year's convention will NOT be one to miss ! With Ron Nichols as President of PPA and Ernie Johnson as President of ASP (and the convention being in Ernie's home state) the 2010 convention will have to be an absolute BLAST !!! I just got back from Phoenix and I'm already making my plans to attend the Nashville party - now if they'll just release the hotel information....

Rick,

With the convention being at the convention center, the Renaissance is connected to the convention center. This would be a pretty good option.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bnash-renaissance-nashville-hotel/

JIm