PDA

View Full Version : A big Thanks to Everyone at IUSA

Ed_Sharp
01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I have to send out a big thank you to all the instructors at USA, awesome and inspirational all the way around. I am still processing much of the data that entered my brain this last week and can't wait to put some new ideas into motion . The expert technical, photographic and business knowledge was plentiful and I am grateful to all who shared their ideas and working philosophies. One of the things that inspired me most was listening to the stories of many of these very successful photographers' careers and how almost all had to overcome a ton of obstacles to get where they are today.
Thanks also to the sponsors, trade show exhibitors all the people that put this together and the orange shirts that kept things running smoothly.
The only bad part of the week was having to get on a plane to leave mid 70s temps in Arizona to sub zero temps back home.

Alvaro_Balderas
01-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks also to the sponsors, trade show exhibitors all the people that put this together and the orange shirts that kept things running smoothly.

Hey Ed,

I was one of the Orange Shirt volunteers and i was very happy and proud to help all you guys......

Mark_Levesque
01-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Great meeting you, Alvaro!

Alvaro_Balderas
01-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Mark,

Thanks, it was a pleasure for me too.....

Karen_Linsley
01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I too thought Imaging was great. I wasn't feeling well for the whole conference, I basically went to classes and went to bed, didn't do the social thing this year. I missed that, but I really wasn't feeling up to it. But I did enjoy the classes and the trade show. Great speakers, great presentations.

D._Craig_Flory
01-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I too thought Imaging was great. I wasn't feeling well for the whole conference, I basically went to classes and went to bed, didn't do the social thing this year. I missed that, but I really wasn't feeling up to it. But I did enjoy the classes and the trade show. Great speakers, great presentations.

Hi Karen;

I hope you are feeling better now. Did you have a mild case of Ebola ? ;)
Remember that eating Hershey's Chocolate helps cure just about anything.

Seriously ... are you ok now ?

Tim_Cameron
01-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I just wanted to say thanks Ed for recognizing the volunteers in the orange shirts. Without thoes dedicated indiviuals there would be a ton of caous.

I have been a member of the crew for a few years now and I must say it is a bit of responsibility, but a very rewarding experience for us all. We get a chance to spend some time with some great people like Alvaro as well as getting to see the programs as well. However not always the programs we may want to attend if we weren't working.

If you are a responsable person and would like to help out next year, look on the PPA web site in the fall for the call out for volunteers. I can almost guarentee you will be glad you did.

Tim

Karen_Linsley
01-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Karen;

I hope you are feeling better now. Did you have a mild case of Ebola ? ;)
Remember that eating Hershey's Chocolate helps cure just about anything.

Seriously ... are you ok now ?

Thanks Craig, yes I am on the mend, not totally out of the woods yet. Some sort of nasty upper respiratory infection. And yes, I did consume more than my share of chocolate while there!

Gene_Paltrineri
01-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Great meeting you , in person, Alvaro, and thanks for joining the volunteer team of orange shirters.

Richard_Dalton
03-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Unflappable Gene. Enjoyed it, as usual. See you in San Antonio.