PDA

View Full Version : on my way home...

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-15-2009, 01:25 AM
So, I got up and out of the room in record time and headed downstairs to hop on the shuttle. It showed up right on time and so I thought all was going well. Little did I know that one serious adventure had just begun.

I hopped on the shuttle and shortly thereafter the shuttle makes it's first stop at the Southwest terminal and then we were off to the Delta terminal where I was to get off. Only problem was when I hopped out of the van and headed back to grab my luggage I quickly realized that it wasn't there! The shuttle driver had given my bag to one of the guys who had gotten off at the other terminal... Needless to say I didn't pay the shuttle driver!

I grabbed the bag that was left behind and headed off to the terminal in hopes that I would somehow manage a miracle and find the guy that it belonged to. Without going into an agonizing story at this point, I will say that I owe one very kind airport police officer the world's largest debt of gratitude. Yesterday was the longest day I've had in a very long time and I'm just sooooo glad to be home. Just keep your eye on your luggage when you travel and hope that the airport and or shuttle driver doesn't lose it for you! Mine almost made it's way to Kansas City!

Howard_Kier
01-15-2009, 03:05 AM
And my wife thinks I'm paranoid because I watch our luggage at each and every stop the shuttle makes to let off passengers.

After being one of those corporate air commuters who would fly in on Sunday and back home on Friday, I've got lots of stories to tell. Some good, some funny and some are pretty bad. But there was always an adventure.

D._Craig_Flory
01-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Cindi;

I am glad it did finally all work out ! Maybe you plan of action, on your next trip, should be to carry only a toothbrush and buy all new when you arrive. Then, when ready to return home, donate what you bought to the Salvation Army. That way ... no problems and no grey hair from worrying. :D

You flew into, and back from, Harrisburg (Pa,) International Airport and flew over infamous Three Mile Island with nary a problem. I think that shows Harrisburg is better to travel to and from than Phoenix. :cool: :p I am starting a campaign for an Imaging in Harrisburg. Who is with me ?

Keely_Deuschle
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
What an adventure. My ride home was fairly uneventful except for the uncooperative lady at the front desk who told basically told me she didn't want to spend time to figure up my 1/2 of the bill for the room I shared. It was too important for her to be available for other guests (when no one was around). And even after 30 minutes when I wasn't leaving, she finally did finish it, I turned around and security was watching me - apparently she called them. Then, she told me she couldn't print a receipt so now I have to rely on a copy from my roommate.

But, glad everything worked out! It was great having dinner with you and chatting!

D. Craig, my family is up there! I'm from N.E. PA originally, mom and dad still live there (Susquehanna County), aunt and cousins in Harrisburg, aunt and uncle in York. In fact, I was telling Cindi, that my cousin wrote a book on Three Mile Island some years ago "Three Mile Island: Turning Point." - Bill Keisling.

But in January, it would be mighty cold!

D._Craig_Flory
01-15-2009, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Keely_Deuschle;192199

D. Craig, my family is up there! I'm from N.E. PA originally, mom and dad still live there (Susquehanna County), aunt and cousins in Harrisburg, aunt and uncle in York. In fact, I was telling Cindi, that my cousin wrote a book on Three Mile Island some years ago "Three Mile Island: Turning Point." - Bill Keisling.

But in January, it would be mighty cold![/QUOTE]

Hi Keely;

Cold ??? Just because I had to shovel snow, off the walks, and the wind chill was 6ºF is no reason not to consider Harrisburg. :D

Cindi_Kay_McDaniel
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Keely!
It was so nice to meet you in person. I'd never been to Hooter before :)

Dave_Cisco
01-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I'd never been to Hooter before :)

Are you just messin' with my mind? They do still come in pairs, don't they?

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-16-2009, 01:56 AM
I guess I wasn't counting :p

Stewart_Schulze
01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
we had just left the hotel in phoenix and had gone about 3/4 of a mile on highway 17 when the traffic stopped well the pickup truck behind us did not stop and the van we were in was totaled NO ONE WAS HURT! It just meant we had to ride in a small car for 12 hours with some sore backs and frayed nerves.