PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for '10

Linda_Gregory
01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Where is it being held next year?

D._Craig_Flory
01-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Linda;

It's to be in Hershey, Pennsylvania. No, wait, that was wishful thinking. ;) Actually, here is the scoop: Imaging USA 2010 January 10-12, 2010 Nashville

Lorrie_Kennedy
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Woo hoo, only 6 hours from me! I will be at that one, saving for it already!

ChontelleBrown
01-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm going too. Already planning.

Chontelle

Leana_Moss
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Me too - we also have SEPPA this year in Athens, Ga, and between that in April and Nashville in Jan '10, I decided to forego Phoenix.

George_Hawkins
01-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Nashville is in my book! Looking for extras either before or after, a few days.
At today's gas prices, I'd drive to relatives in Annapolis, MD, and then next day to Nashville.

John_Stein
01-14-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm planning on Nashville also, Suppose to be a 10 hour drive from Frederick MD.

Joe_Galioto
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
i was at the last nashville convention, great town. kodak or fuji sponsored a night at the grand old opry. i'm planning on being there next year.
i skipped this year.
if you go to nashville, take a few days a get over to memphis.
everybody should visit graceland once in their life.
tacky but one of those must see's.
joe

D._Craig_Flory
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Joe;

That would be one place I would steer clear of. :eek: Hmmmm, maybe PPA can hold Imaging in Harlem one year. I'd love to visit the Apollo Theater. :)

treasures1
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
We are going to TN for vacation this year- yipee. It's a twelve or more hour drive for us, but I'm hoping to go to IUSA next year so I'll be scooping out some great places for eating and etc. Maybe I'll have some good info when we get back. They should have IUSA in Houston one year. We could all ake real time pictures of robberies and assaults. It would make a great book. Ha ha just kidding. I live in a smaller town and I think the crime's actually worse here- but it would be great to only have a 2 hour drive!

Matthew_Churetta
01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Hi Linda;

It's to be in Hershey, Pennsylvania. No, wait, that was wishful thinking. ;) Actually, here is the scoop: Imaging USA 2010 January 10-12, 2010 Nashville

Hershey would be a "sweet" location!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist:rolleyes:

George_Hawkins
01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
i was at the last nashville convention, great town. kodak or fuji sponsored a night at the grand old opry. i'm planning on being there next year.
i skipped this year.
if you go to nashville, take a few days a get over to memphis.
everybody should visit graceland once in their life.
tacky but one of those must see's.
joe

As I recall from PPA website or magazine, Imaging will be in Memphis after Nashville!
Therefore, what extras can be suggested for things around Nashville?

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Old college cheer--

I went to college south of Nashville in a very unique mountain area. My school is called the University of the South, otherwise known as Sewanee. It's 90 miles south of Nashville. Also, my husband lived in Nashville as a kid, and 2 of my cousins live there now (both also went to Sewanee). SO for anyone who's interested, I will be posting in the future a list of our secret favorite spots in TN and KY. I was a photography major when I was there (in addition to other majors) so I'll be thinking of places photogs might want to go. Stay tuned. I promise if any of y'all actually go to any of these places, you won't regret it.

Since I just got home from Phoenix after a week, the TN info will have to wait a week or so--

Loved seeing all the forum folks there. It was fun--

Elizabeth

Michael_Gan
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
As I recall from PPA website or magazine, Imaging will be in Memphis after Nashville!
Therefore, what extras can be suggested for things around Nashville?
Nope. San Antonio, New Orleans and then Atlanta.

Keith_A_Howe
01-15-2009, 05:54 PM

You should know after all! Congrats Michael for being elected as the newest PPA Board Member!
Keith

Heather_L._Smith
01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be receiving my Craftsman degree in Nashville!! It's only a few hours from here, so I'll be toting the family along with me!

Heather_L._Smith
01-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Woohoo!! Atlanta in 2013!!! Party at my place.

Mark_Levesque
01-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Thank God we're going somewhere south for 2011 :)

George_Hawkins
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Memphis had been on a tentative list. My apologies for not being current.

Ditto to Keith's congrats!!!

treasures1
01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Congrats, Michael!

If you've never been to SanAntonio- you have to go to IUSA there! PPA will have a blast! You guys can see how we do it down here in Texas. :D

Michael_Gan
01-16-2009, 05:42 PM
You should know after all! Congrats Michael for being elected as the newest PPA Board Member!
KeithAw, thanks everyone! And hey, congrats to Keith for his election to the nominating committee!

Love San Antonio! Even in an ice storm (the 2 block cab rides were a blast).

Andrea_Chapelo
01-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Congrats Michael! I will be at Nashville too, although I wish we could stick to warm locations :) Hawaii anyone?

D._Craig_Flory
01-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Congrats, Michael!

If you've never been to SanAntonio- you have to go to IUSA there! PPA will have a blast! You guys can see how we do it down here in Texas. :D

Hi Kesha;

I was in San Antonio, in spring of 1966, for Air Force Boot Camp. It was over 105ºF almost every day and that was in late May and June!!! Those were the hottest weeks I've even had the misfortune to experience ! :(

And, what is up with the Alamo being on a city corner ??? It should be out in the middle of a big field. I certainly couldn't imagine Santa Ana & his army approaching ... while in downtown San Antonio. I suggest that the city move it. :p

I would not mind trying some Texas chili some time though. (if I had a pitcher of beer to cool off my mouth :D )

Valenzuela
01-17-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm up for Hawaii Andrea!! Although I dont think anyone would be in class... probably under some palm trees on the beach instead.

George_Hawkins
01-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Aw, thanks everyone! And hey, congrats to Keith for his election to the nominating committee!

Love San Antonio! Even in an ice storm (the 2 block cab rides were a blast).

I agree, the recent San Antonio Imaging was great! River Walk, etc.!

I'm wondering about Nashville weather as current temps are teens & twenties.
One promised to post things to do in area, and look forward to that.

Keep us abreast of PPA happenings

George_Hawkins
03-09-2009, 08:36 PM
And, what is up with the Alamo being on a city corner ??? It should be out in the middle of a big field. I certainly couldn't imagine Santa Ana & his army approaching ... while in downtown San Antonio. I suggest that the city move it.

It's a national historic site. I think it was out in "open areas", but city happened to be built up around it! No way to alter it.

Rick_Massarini
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm looking forward to 2012 when Imaging will be here in New Orleans again !

andiegoodman
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
If I get the 3 merits I need for my Masters, I will be going to Nashville. My daughter will come with me but only if we go to Memphis also. So I said yes. What can a Mom do?

John_Throneburg
03-10-2009, 12:19 AM
5 hr 52 min from my door step if I don't speed - not bad, although Hawaii would be nice too. :)

Marie_Mitchell
03-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Hi Kesha;

I was in San Antonio, in spring of 1966, for Air Force Boot Camp. It was over 105ºF almost every day and that was in late May and June!!! Those were the hottest weeks I've even had the misfortune to experience ! :(

And, what is up with the Alamo being on a city corner ??? It should be out in the middle of a big field. I certainly couldn't imagine Santa Ana & his army approaching ... while in downtown San Antonio. I suggest that the city move it. :p

I would not mind trying some Texas chili some time though. (if I had a pitcher of beer to cool off my mouth :D )

I was in Texas for my Basic Training too, but in 1991. It was mid summer and soo hot! Was also stationed there after tech school, for about 4 years. My sons were both born at Wilford Hall.

Marie

George_Hawkins
03-10-2009, 01:27 PM
If I get the 3 merits I need for my Masters, I will be going to Nashville. My daughter will come with me but only if we go to Memphis also. So I said yes. What can a Mom do?

Andie,
Just a little day trip they say!

Rick,
What city is after Nashville (2010)? 2011? I liked NOLA, and glad to go again in 2012!

Heather_L._Smith
03-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I heard a rumor that Atlanta is 2011.

D._Craig_Flory
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
IF I had some say in it, I would tout Atlantic City New Jersey - and in a warm month. Going to the convention with the beaches and boardwalk was great.

Randy_Brister
03-10-2009, 04:40 PM
IUSA was in Atlantic City 6-7 years ago, I think it may have been the lowest attended IUSA ever. And San Antonio had to be the coldest, many, many folks, including me, were stuck in the city with no flights out. The airport doesn't apparently have any de-icing equipment, and there was lots of ice. I was stuck for 36 hours before finally getting a flight.

D._Craig_Flory
03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
IUSA was in Atlantic City 6-7 years ago, I think it may have been the lowest attended IUSA ever. And San Antonio had to be the coldest, many, many folks, including me, were stuck in the city with no flights out. The airport doesn't apparently have any de-icing equipment, and there was lots of ice. I was stuck for 36 hours before finally getting a flight.

Hi Randy;

That is why I hated the move to dead of winter PPA conventions !
At least there were no problems with it being too cold at either of the Atlantic City conventions I went to.

Michael_Gan
03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread...<rummaging around> Ah! Here it is http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/showpost.php?p=192203&postcount=14. Atlanta in 2013 then Phoenix.

Anaheim was a disaster. Had good registration, but bad attendance (everyone spent their time at Disneyland).

George_Hawkins
03-11-2009, 03:38 AM
? San Antonio in 2011, then NOLA, then Atlanta.

Thank you.

Angela_Lawson
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Tampa was my first IUSA, and I loved it. Couldn't make this year's in Phoenix, but if my back surgery recovery speeds up so I can get back to work, I hope to save enough to make it to Nashville. I may even let my hubby come too. :)

Hope to get to meet you all this next time around.
Angela

Christina_Showalter
03-14-2009, 04:25 AM
We are planning to come! I can't wait! I just have to find childcare!!! maybe a nanny for the week....what do you all do with your kids if both parents are going? this would be our first.

Leana_Moss
03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Our kids go to scott's parents (they only live 20 minutes from us) and they keep them in school and such. If your parents aren't close, maybe a little Grandparent vacation is in order!

Rick_Massarini
03-17-2009, 07:23 AM
? ...then NOLA, ...

Imaging will be in New Orleans in 2012. Yeah !!!! At least they decided to do it in January when it might be kind of cool down here...

Nancy_Catherine_Walker
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
We are planning to come! I can't wait! I just have to find childcare!!! maybe a nanny for the week....what do you all do with your kids if both parents are going? this would be our first.

Grandparents. There is a good reason to have them next door. :)

Seriously I'm not sure. This is the first location that my husband is interested in going with me. He's not in the business, just wants to see Nashville.

Does anyone know if all the classes will be in the Opry convention center? I'm planning on taking the EPIC courses and they are usually in a different location from the main courses.