PDA

View Full Version : Hooters across the Street!

Marc_Benjamin
01-09-2009, 01:07 AM
So a buddy of mine's already there and right away reported that there's a hooters across the street!

Sounds like photographer central this weekend!

Karen_Linsley
01-09-2009, 01:08 AM
I had lunch there today. If they had guys running around in tight gym pants and tight tank tops I would be more impressed.......food was ok, but they allow smoking outside on the deck....what's up with that?

Marc_Benjamin
01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
I had lunch there today. If they had guys running around in tight gym pants and tight tank tops I would be more impressed.......food was ok, but they allow smoking outside on the deck....what's up with that?

Outstanding, I've always thought smokers were easier.

George_Hawkins
01-09-2009, 01:19 AM

Karen,
Ate at Hooters last year - not impressed also.

How's weather? Lots different than Tahoe!
Unfortunately, am dealing with replacement heating system in my house.
See you next year! George

sweetwaterphoto
01-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Yes they did allow me to smoke a nice Dominican Cigar on the Deck, and I tipped them nicely. The wings (10 Cajun & 10 Garlic/Parmesan were Excellent! Of course we washed them down with several Amber Bocks too. Service was Outstanding! Our server was Emily.

Marc_Benjamin
01-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Yes they did allow me to smoke a nice Dominican Cigar on the Deck, and I tipped them nicely. The wings (10 Cajun & 10 Garlic/Parmesan were Excellent! Of course we washed them down with several Amber Bocks too. Service was Outstanding! Our server was Emily.

Please take a picture (and post) of Emily.

Actually, how about a ourppa'ers with our favorite hooter servers gallery/thread!

sweetwaterphoto
01-09-2009, 02:36 AM
She was camera shy, but she took ours, We're in the Business of Photography class tomorrow a.m..

KirkDarling
01-09-2009, 03:28 AM

Ah, you're not familliar with the way of the geisha...which is where Hooters got the idea of how their waitresses are to behave. Actually, Hugh Hefner used the same techniques in his Playboy clubs.

David_Dismukes
01-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm an Irish Pub kinda guy and found one just 2 blocks from the Convention Center!!! Food was great and fair priced. I had the Shepards Pie for $7.50.

Marc_Benjamin
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Are there any Asian Pubs around?

Pictures people please!

Michael_Gan
01-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I think we call them Tea Houses;)

Chris_Padgett
01-09-2009, 04:35 PM
For those of us who are not staying near the convention center, it would be helpful if you could give us the exact location of Hooter's and the Irish Pub. I'm staying up Central Ave. and taking the light rail in to downtown. Found a good sports bar just of the corner of Washington and 2nd last night for the NCAA title game. Marjle's (sp) good food plenty of TV's. Will be there or Hooter's Sat. for the Titans/Ravens game.

Ashley_Short
01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
So a buddy of mine's already there and right away reported that there's a hooters across the street!

Sounds like photographer central this weekend!

Oh my... Brian, my husband, has lived a fairly sheltered life and has never been to hooters (and thinks it's weird that I have.) So... looks like he'll be making a trip across the street, just to say he's been there. lol. maybe a few other reasons.

Jon_Curtis
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
.......food was ok...?

I don't think Hooters claim to fame is necessarily their food!:D

I've eaten their once, that was enough for me.

Marc_Benjamin
01-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm a big hooters fan.

I try to go to one at each convention locale, starting from the Vegas convention, which was actually the hotel one across MGM. Didn't get to the one in tampa but did so at both Texas cons.

jim_heidorn
01-09-2009, 05:13 PM
They even have free WIFI and Emily is here now....

Marc_Benjamin
01-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Pics please.

Would love to see ourppa.com members having a blast at the convention.

jim_heidorn
01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Marc,

Just for you, they even have some young asians working here too:D:D

Jim

econopix
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm an Irish Pub kinda guy and found one just 2 blocks from the Convention Center!!! Food was great and fair priced. I had the Shepards Pie for $7.50.

What's the name of the pub?

D._Craig_Flory
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Ah, you're not familliar with the way of the geisha...which is where Hooters got the idea of how their waitresses are to behave. Actually, Hugh Hefner used the same techniques in his Playboy clubs.

Hi Kirk;

Many years ago (before Atlantic City got gambling) the New Jersey photography convention was held in a Playboy Club ... in Great Gorge New Jersey !!! That was before our son was born so probably mid 70's.

Erin_L._Clark
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm a big hooters fan.

forgive me Marc- but why does that not surprise me?!;)

George_Hawkins
01-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Local TV station has clip of the NO PANTS event on the lite rail!

jim_heidorn
01-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Did you see Mark in that video? I heard he was doing it for a drink:D

Jim

D._Craig_Flory
01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
When Imaging was in Atlantic City my wife & I ...along with our son and daughter in law ... all ate at Hooters. I ate at one, in Pittsburgh, some time ago at one of our state conventions. There were about 6 of us guys at the table and our waitress did all the regular stuff to get a big tip including squatting down to take our orders as well as stretching to put the order slips on the wire. When we ate at the one in Atlantic City, the waitress stood up straight and turned in the orders without all the usual stuff. There is a (big) difference between a table of all guys and a table with women or all women. :D

George_Hawkins
01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Did you see Mark in that video? I heard he was doing it for a drink:D

Jim

I'll look at it again! www.necn.com

Lori_Clapp
01-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Chris - Hooters is two blocks down from the Convention Center. The direction that everyones is walking to and from. It's right across the street from the Sheraton, which is a really, really, really tall hotel. You can't miss it.

We ate lunch there. The food was great (much to my surprise) and Emily was our server too. She is very cute and a very good waitress!

Chris_Padgett
01-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Thanks Lori. I found it last night but didn't stop in, had an early day 2day. Maybe I can cross paths with some of you over the next couple of days.

Lori_Clapp
01-13-2009, 12:07 AM
We went there for dinner again last night. There is a scandalous photo of one of the ourppa members floating around on some cell phones from Hooters. Yikes!

Marc_Benjamin
01-24-2009, 09:45 AM
http://www.kickstep.com/forums/ppa09/HooterGirlWEB.jpg

Talk about getting hammered right in the middle of the day. They had these $5 24oz Sam Adams going all week and boy do I look like a mess (like most days really) in this picture, though good thing having Danielle in it sure saves it. Anyways, I think I left my heart (and a good part of my wallet) in Phoenix.

Michael_Gan
01-24-2009, 04:06 PM
he is the Sith (that avatar cracks me up)

D._Craig_Flory
01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
he is the Sith (that avatar cracks me up)

Michael, you correct. To me, he looks like the UnaBomber. :p

Jack_Reznicki
01-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Michael, you correct. To me, he looks like the UnaBomber. :p

I don't see a UnaBomber.
I do see a DuoBomber in the photo though. :D