PDA

View Full Version : Finally taking the competition plunge, but have another question...

Angela_Lawson
01-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm finally doing it...I have four prints ready and packaged up in my print case for Mid-East Regionals. But I still have one more question before I send it off...

For my first print case, I purchased an inexpensive one from Adorama. It's a 16x20x4 (they didn't have any 2" in stock when I ordered it). Anyway, my question is this. The only thing holding the case together are the two buckle straps that go around the case, and the edges on the case bow just a bit, so I'm wondering if I should do something else to ensure that everything arrives safely? Should I duct tape the edges? I'm just afraid that if the buckles somehow come undone, everything will be ruined. What do you all do when shipping your cases, especially if you have a less expensive case?

Thanks all (or at least those of you who haven't left for IUSA yet).:) Wishing I could make it this year, but I'm planning for next year in Tennessee.

Angela

Keith_A_Howe
01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Couple things you could do - go buy a luggage strap and strap it around the widthwize direction. Then duct tape that strap to the case in the center back so it doesn't get seperated from the case. Or simplier just take a piece of shipping tape and tape both sides. Just remember the people unpacking your case are wearing those crappy white print gloves - it's like trying to type with mittens on, so don't make it too complicated to undo. I've never seen a case where a buckle failed FWIW.

Keith

Louise_St_Romain
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I just got back from sending my case off :) ... what I did, was to take duct tape and wrap it around the case, crossing over the buckle straps, leaving a little tab so that it waould be easy to take off. I did this twice, it looks kinda like a tic-tac-toe board between the straps and the tape. Is it the best way? who knows but my case made it safely to national and the ppaofpa convention safely last year.

Angela_Lawson
01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you Keith and Louise. The case will be shipped this afternoon. Wish me luck!!!

Angela

Joe_Galioto
01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
angela,
good luck!
joe

D._Craig_Flory
01-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Angela;

May you and Louise wow the panel and get all 80+ scores !!!!!!!