PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late?

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know who I can ask?
Is it too late to register to take the exam in Phoenix? I wasn't planning on it due to time constraints, but would like to now that my schedule has changed. i have tried to find info on the imagingUSA site but can't--maybe I am too tired from getting ready to leave town for a week--any help would be much appreciated!

Elizabeth

Marc_Benjamin
01-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Call the office now, hopefully someones still there.

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks Marc. I called but no one answered. I also sent an e-mail but haven't heard back yet--thanks, though.

E

Marc_Benjamin
01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks Marc. I called but no one answered. I also sent an e-mail but haven't heard back yet--thanks, though.

E

Ah they're probably gone ...

MarkTurner
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
I called the office twice Monday morning to register. They were very busy. First time I left a message, second time I stayed on hold until someone answered. I was able to register for the CPP exam on Monday in Phoenix. I faxed my application form in after I got off the phone. So last-minute does seem possible.

-- Mark Turner

Valenzuela
01-06-2009, 07:14 AM
The info I used the other day worked...I would fax and e-mail your CPP application and Image Submission Form to:

Photographic Certification Commission
Atten: Marisa Pitts
229 Peach Tree Street, NE Suite 2200
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404)614-6400 FAX
mpitts@ppa.com

To schedule the actual test date try using the number to register for pre-convention classes at imaging USA. I did it friday and was able to get in.

Adrian

David_Dismukes
01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Call Marisa to schedule. However, Last January, I took the exam in Tampa, but brought a friend along with me who also took Al Di Campli's class and was able to get in the class and was also able to sign up and take the exam the following Monday. Also, when I was at the Tennessee convention this year they also had extra exams. Don't exahust trying to get in touch with them, but if you cannot, I would ask as soon as you arrive in Pheonix. Call me, I'll be working some of the PPA booths and I'll have Marisa call you. I fly in to Pheonix Thursday. David 334 319 3821

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied or contacted me by e-mail. PPA contacted me and said if I faxed my application today by 6:00 pm est I should be able to take the exam--

Now let's hope I can pass!

I leave for Phoenix tomorrow morning, so I hope to see some folks around pre-convention.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-06-2009, 09:53 PM
It's official--I am taking the test on Tuesday--anyone else??

Elizabeth

D._Craig_Flory
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi Elizabeth;

Good luck and may you get at least 70% correct. I will expect to see a new avatar photo with a big grin after you pass.

David_Dismukes
01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Elizabeth,

I arrived in Pheonix yesterday. Are you taking the CPP Prep course? Give me a ring, I took the test last year and will be happy to help you. I have a couple of guys from our studio here and I'm wanting one of them to take it also. 334 319 3821.

;-)
David

Erin_L._Clark
01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
It's official--I am taking the test on Tuesday--anyone else??

Elizabeth

I will be Elizabeth-Good luck to you- I know as of right now- I'm not ready for a test- but figure, if I bomb- gives me an excuse to come back again and take it! :p

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-10-2009, 02:42 PM
David and guys, I'm here--been here since Wednesday, staying at the downtown Hyatt. I was in the Ann Monteith class across the hall from y'all the last 2 days. I am taking the test on Tuesday. I haven't had time to study yet, but hope to do some tonight and the rest of the trip until Tuesday morning. I had studied for it this time last year, but not really since, so I'm going on a whim. I figure if I don't pass, that's okay--at least I'll know what to expect the next time. But I also did really well on the online study guide quizzes, so I will remain hopeful!

Good luck to everyone!

E

D._Craig_Flory
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
David and guys, I'm here--been here since Wednesday, staying at the downtown Hyatt. I was in the Ann Monteith class across the hall from y'all the last 2 days. I am taking the test on Tuesday. I haven't had time to study yet, but hope to do some tonight and the rest of the trip until Tuesday morning. I had studied for it this time last year, but not really since, so I'm going on a whim. I figure if I don't pass, that's okay--at least I'll know what to expect the next time. But I also did really well on the online study guide quizzes, so I will remain hopeful!

Good luck to everyone!

E

Hi Elizabeth;

I hope you got a lot of Ann Monteith's class. I own two books from her. Plus, I have known her, & her husband Jim, since the mid 70's and served on the PPAofPa Board of Governors with her. Their one studio is about 7 miles from me.

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh my gosh yes! I got so much out of it! I have taken several business classes and webinars in the past 2 years, so the info was not all new to me, but I can't hear it enough at this point. She and Carol were the best. They are funny, different, and have not only great knowledge to share about the business, but inspiring personal stories as well.

Also, Ann did my DVD critique after the PPA print comp, which was invaluable. I was so lucky to have her as my critic. Which of her books do you like the best?

Elizabeth

D._Craig_Flory
01-10-2009, 03:40 PM
I own her Business book as well as "Photographic Portraiture - a Manual of Styles and Ideas" which is by both her and Jim.