PDA

View Full Version : newbie to competition

kmhdmh
01-05-2009, 02:03 AM
This is my first time considering print competition. I have three images I am considering and would like some input on them.... if either are good for competition and if so what to do to improve them. Help me out here!...

cat_broderick
01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Kathy
Can you post them larger? It would give people more to go by for critique. They look intriguing though!

kmhdmh
01-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Thank you. I posted them larger, I thought they should show larger than they are. I hope this helps.

Keith_A_Howe
01-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Kathy,
I am not seeing them any larger. In order for them to show up larger you need to host them on Photobucket or something else. I would love to omment but it will probably be ater IUSA.
Keith

D._Craig_Flory
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Kathy;

They are very tiny so difficult to comment on. From what I can see:
#1 There is an awful glare from the groom's waist on down. The tilt hurts rather than helps.
#2 The couple is lost among the clutter. Tilt again ... why ?
#3 Low contrast and low saturation overall yet ... why are her eyes standing out like that ? There looks to be a bump on the top of the grooms head. Tilt again not helping.

I suggest re-posting much bigger.

Alan_Harwell
01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Too many distractions. I look at the chandalier and reflections on the floor in the first shot. The second I see the movie screen, and windows on the left. In both, I had to really look for a subject. The third, I'm not to crazy about the black vignette. And as others have said, I'm not too keen on the tilt. On the first shot, I just keep imagining a ball rolling down hill across the floor :)