PDA

View Full Version : What to bring?

Jon_Curtis
01-05-2009, 12:24 AM
This is my first time going to Imaging USA. Any suggestions on what to bring?

Any reason to bring camera gear? I'm not thinking so because I don't plan on "site seeing" while in town.

Thanks

Todd_Reichman
01-05-2009, 01:37 AM
I'd bring a notebook, and very comfortable shoes. Some folks like a camera but I don't personally take one. Definitely bring a bag with a little extra room for all the swag you'll pick up.

- trr

Jon_Curtis
01-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Definetly bring a bag with a little extra room for all the swag you'll pick up.

- trr

Good call. Didn't think about that!

Rick_Massarini
01-05-2009, 04:35 AM
I'd still bring a small "point and hope" camera for snapshots. You never know what might present itself. A little 5 mp file is better than no file at all..

Michael_Gan
01-05-2009, 04:39 AM
I have my good ol G9 that I now take with me for any trips. Sure beats lugging around all that camera gear. My laptop because I have a lot of PPA and tradeshow stuff to deal with. And, my dingle danglies and my tux.

tnshutterbug
01-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm bringing a small notebook and stapler so that I can staple in biz cards for vendors I like and take notes of the products that impressed me. That way it will be easier to keep track of it all.

George_Hawkins
01-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I'd still bring a small "point and hope" camera for snapshots. You never know what might present itself. A little 5 mp file is better than no file at all..

For sure! You might want to snap images of the print displays - not one image, but several together.

Or displays of a speaker's work. Sort of a good "notebook".

Jon_Curtis
01-09-2009, 11:35 AM
A Point and Hope and a notebook were two things I planned on taking.

A backpack for swag was something that never crossed my mind though. As I'm packing I have to make sure I leave room for all the goodies/junk.