PDA

View Full Version : I'm Certified!!!

Kelly_Dobson
12-31-2008, 04:12 AM
Just had to take a minute to share the news! I am officially certified! I passed the image review! I was so nervous! And when I didn't hear anything for several weeks I thought I failed but apparently my husband intercepted my certificate from the mail, had it framed and gave it to me for Christmas. I was wondering what was taking so long. Gosh it feels so good to be recognized by people who's work I admire!

Next step......Masters Degree!!!

Karen_Linsley
12-31-2008, 04:28 AM
congratulations!

Stephanie_Millner
12-31-2008, 06:42 AM
Congratulations! And brownie points to the husband for sweet creativity.

Louise_St_Romain
12-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Congrats!!!!

and now I just need to get my images together for the review ....

Cheri_MacCallum
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Congratulations!!!

D._Craig_Flory
12-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Just had to take a minute to share the news! I am officially certified! I passed the image review! I was so nervous! And when I didn't hear anything for several weeks I thought I failed but apparently my husband intercepted my certificate from the mail, had it framed and gave it to me for Christmas. I was wondering what was taking so long. Gosh it feels so good to be recognized by people who's work I admire!

Hi Kelly;

That is great news ... I'm very happy to hear that. Remember that you can also go for the Craftsman Degree. As a newly minted C.P.P., you can now look at venues where you can teach. You will start checking your PPA Merit Record often from now on.

Also, please start posting scores and comments in the certification section of the Gallery.

Don_Chick
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Congratulations!!

(Now don't forget the press release)

Angela_Lawson
12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey Congratulations fellow Michigander, and now fellow CPP!:D I was just certified this year as well. Now we can work on our Masters together. ;)

Angela

Marc_Benjamin
12-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the club and as tradition goes, a congratulatory round's on you at the next convention!

David_Dismukes
12-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Congratulations!!! Will you be in Phoenix?

andiegoodman
12-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Congratulations, Kelly! What a great way to start the new year!

Rob_Wilson
12-31-2008, 04:55 PM

congrats! now you can put the CPP logo on your site.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Doesn't it feel great!

Rose_Mary_Cheek
01-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Congratulations... know that it was lots of hard work you deserve lots accolades...

Kindest Regards

Rose Mary

Kelly_Dobson
01-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Along with my certification certificate, the PPA sends along brochures that explain to potential clients why certification sets a photographer apart from all the rest....I just used one this afternoon during a consultation with a potential client. She was extremely impressed and booked on the spot! It really does matter especially to the type of clients I am trying book.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats....I wish I could be at the convention this year but we have two kids in college, a husband who works at Ford (at least for now ) and we live in Michigan...need I say more?