PDA

View Full Version : popup boxes opens slowly

JohnSteele
12-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Hello,

It seems lately the popup boxes, like when you click on Search, opens very slowly. Also when clicking on an attachment the picture opens very slowly.

Is there a setting I'm missing on this site?

I'm using FireFox3 and have allowed popups for this site.

Thanks,
John

Gregory_Aide
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
These boxes are "drawn" onto the page rather than being a true pop-up window. You normally see the box expand, so that might be why it seems slow to you.

I have not experienced that myself. It could be a slow connection. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem using Firefox 3?

JohnSteele
01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks Gregory for the reply.

On a different compture with the latest version of IE the boxes draw quickly. Most likely something in FF3 I'll have to troubleshoot. At least it's not a forum problem.

Thanks again,
John

Ben_Leavitt
01-10-2009, 04:51 AM
These boxes are "drawn" onto the page rather than being a true pop-up window. You normally see the box expand, so that might be why it seems slow to you.

I have not experienced that myself. It could be a slow connection. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem using Firefox 3?

Yes, I have it drawing slowly in my browser, but I have the latest version of Firefox using Windows XP. It's quite irritating and I'd prefer a real pop-up instead of a drawn script box.