PDA

View Full Version : CPP Exam-online study quizzes

Erin_L._Clark
12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Just wondering-how well would one do if they studied mostly off the quizzes from online?

Mark_Levesque
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
If you do well on them you should do well on the test. I used them as a guide to which areas in which my knowledge was deficient and was able to tailor my studying accordingly.

Michael_Gan
12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Also, the key is to not over-think the questions

D._Craig_Flory
12-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Erin;

Before you sit down to take the exam, let out all the stress. I always tell those taking the exam with me to scream if they need to so all the stress is out and the butterflies leave.

Many times I have seen those there to take the exam sounding questions off each other for about a half hour. You can take the book with you but must put it away before the exam starts.

Just like on Millionaire, on TV, your first choice is usually the best but, if not sure skip a question and come back. You will have up to 2 hours to complete the 100 questions.

Stephanie_Millner
12-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Actually, I found the Prentice-Hall website WAY more helpful than the book. That said, I had the 8th edition - do NOT use that study guide. Many of the answers are vague, if not wrong completely. Here's the link to the 9th if you don't already have it: http://wps.prenhall.com/hss_london_photo_9/

Don't sweat it too much. It's far less important and stressful than you're making it. I promise. I was the same way. :)

Erin_L._Clark
12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys- sounds like good advice.Any other tips?

Valenzuela
12-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Hey Stephanie thanks for that link!

Adrian

Rose_Mary_Cheek
12-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Just keep at it. I found that I was weakest taking the True/False tests... don't know why those are so much harder for me..

But taking the test's over and over, then writing 3x5 cards for the problem areas, then going through them... that's been my biggest help...

Good LucK!

MarkTurner
12-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Actually, I found the Prentice-Hall website WAY more helpful than the book. Here's the link to the 9th if you don't already have it: http://wps.prenhall.com/hss_london_photo_9/

Are those study questions pretty representative of those on the CPP exam? If so, I probably ought to sign up for the test in Phoenix. I've been doing this for a long time, so the questions seemed pretty basic to me. I'll need to review lighting ratios since most of my work has been outdoors in natural light and people have not been the subject.

The real question is whether certification is worth the dollars. Am I likely to see more bucks in my pocket because I can say I am 'certified'?

-- Mark Turner

D._Craig_Flory
12-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Are those study questions pretty representative of those on the CPP exam? If so, I probably ought to sign up for the test in Phoenix. I've been doing this for a long time, so the questions seemed pretty basic to me. I'll need to review lighting ratios since most of my work has been outdoors in natural light and people have not been the subject.

The real question is whether certification is worth the dollars. Am I likely to see more bucks in my pocket because I can say I am 'certified'?

-- Mark Turner

Hi Mark;

First of all, it is a great feeling of accomplishment as well as a confidence builder. And, many people have posted how much they learned while going through the process. As far as clients are concerned ... it is up to the photographer to promote the certified status. Plus, if a client were asked what a Master of Photography is they probably wouldn't know. But, everyone knows about certified professions and how they are a level above those not certified.

Charity_Reed
01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Ok, I have the 9th edition and according to the link Steph posted there is suppose to be a place for online quizzes. But were is it?

I am scheduled to take my exam the first week in Feb. I would love to do some online quizzes ahead of time so I know what my weaknesses are.

Charity

Stephanie_Millner
01-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Mark, the questions are (for the most part) pretty representative of the exam itself. The exam is multiple choice.

Charity - on the top of that page is a thin horizontal tool bar that starts TOC / 1 / 2... click on any chapter number, and on the left hand side you'll see buttons for study questions.

MarkTurner
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I've been plugging through the Prentice-Hall study questions this afternoon. There are a handful where the scoring is incorrect. So beware and read carefully. One I recall -- filter factor of ____ requires 3 stops more exposure. Correct answer is 8 (2^3), which was not one of the choices. Another was scored incorrect, saying your answer 'exif', correct answer 'exif'.

-- Mark Turner

Erin_L._Clark
01-03-2009, 12:35 AM
yup, I found quite a few- including- the page number hints weren't correct.

Stephanie_Millner
01-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Still better than v8 questions. There are so many wrong ones there it's not even worth looking at!