PDA

View Full Version : Any update to new image submission guidelines?

Valenzuela
12-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Does anyone have any info on the new image submission guidelines? The website says check back in December....

Adrian

Michael_Gan
12-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Not yet. We're still working on it.

Valenzuela
12-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks Michael

Adrian

Charity_Reed
01-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Michael,

Can you tell us anything about what we need to do for image submission?

I plan to submit my images next month and would love to know what I am suppose to do.

Charity

Michael_Gan
01-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Right now, the main focus is seeing if the candidates have a good understanding of lighting (especially quality of light/light direction), composition, color (or for black and white, tonal control) and all other aspects that require some sort of photographer control. To wit, all of the things you studied for the written exam. We are not interested as much as pretty pictures, but rather, your ability to separate yourself from the masses of digital camera owners out there.

I might add that the quality of work in the recent judging was by far the best batch we've seen all year. We rejected much less percentage-wise. I did notice a couple of gallery posters submissions and I believe almost all of them passed (I think there was one or two who didn't)

Charity_Reed
01-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info Michael.

I guess what I was really looking for is the what and how I am suppose to submit my images.

What size files? How many files? Are they just single images burned to a disc or are they suppose to be in a slideshow? Who do I send the images to?

All that stuff.

Charity

Mark_Levesque
01-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Contact Marisa Pitts at PPA for the info. You select your 20 images (or 10 if you are going for a specialty endorsement, as I recently did), name them with your ppa# and a 2 digit suffix (like 123456-01.jpg, 123456-02.jpg, etc) and put them in a zip file, then upload them to the place that Marisa tells you to and then wait. I think I sized mine at 700px on the long side.