Carlos_Garcia
12-14-2008, 05:59 AM
Please can you comment on this image?Thanks
http://www.carlosgarciaphoto.com/test/carlosgarcia-photographer-2nd.jpg

Cheri_MacCallum
12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi Carlos,
Congratulations on jumping right in! Here's what I see:

The little girls area adorable!! The clothing is a little distracting because of the design on the older girls dress, My eye is also drawn to the bright spot in the background behind them. The technique (lucis or whatever) appears overdone to me and that is a distraction as well. There is a Christmas tree in the background but the girls aren't connected to it. Give them some ornaments or small packages to hold to tie them into the scene. Very cute image and I 'm sure Mom loves but, I would reconsider for competition.

Will_Price
12-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Carlos, very nice image...I like everything about it except for the camera angle, it was the first thing I noticed. It appears you may need a longer lens, more narrow depth of field and a lower camera angle. Do you use a camera stand or tripod? If you are hand holding it may be wise to invest in a stand and a remote for the camera.

Carlos_Garcia
12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Cheri,
Thanks a lot for commenting about my image. I was looking straight to the older girl dress and I think you are right. I apreciate your critique because it makes me aware of things I need to pay attention if I want a print for competition.
Saludos!

Carlos_Garcia
12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Will!
Thanks for taking the time to cc my image, it means a lot to me.
I have a space problem in my studio, Its hard to use a longer lens. I do have a tripod (but don't have a remote, thats a good idea specially with kids.) but I did not use it, the little one had so much energy, she wanted to claimb my christmas tree!

Rick_Massarini
12-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Do you use a camera stand or tripod? If you are hand holding it may be wise to invest in a stand and a remote for the camera.

What Will is saying here is that with a Camera stand, you can bring the camera down to nearly ground level while a tripod forces you to use a higher camera position because of the legs. The image would be stronger if the camera were to be positoned at the children's eye level instead of above them looking downward.

Carlos_Garcia
12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Got it!
Thanks for your comment.