PDA

View Full Version : Lost all my ribbons & Medallions

Mark_McCall
12-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Hey Guys,

During my travels, I lost every one of my ribbons (probably left them in a cab or restaraunt), but didn't realize it until my return home.

Does anyone know who I contact at PPA about obtaining replacements?
Missing is my Craftsman ribbon/medallion, two An-Ne pins, a Craftsman pin, 3 gold bars, Fuji Masterpiece pin, CPP pin.

I'm also missing Fellowship ribbons from my state and locals but I've contacted those folks directly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Jack_Reznicki
12-04-2008, 01:50 PM
During my travels, I lost every one of my ribbons

Gee. Sorry Mark. You have to start all over again. :eek:

LOL. Actually, just call PPA headquarters. They'll take care of you. They have the records and can reissue your ribbons.

Keith_A_Howe
12-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Mark, The Fuji pin will be the hard one to get replaced. I lost one of mine and it took me over two years to get a replacement. The Fuji rep for our area kept telling me he would send me one but it never happened. Finally at a competition there was an extra trophy that wasn't awarded and the rep just took that pin out of the box and gave it to me.

FWIW - In NE when you get a state degree the medallion comes engraved with your name and the year awarded on the back. I liked that idea so I have had each of my National degrees engraved with the date I recieved them. Then this last year when I was judging Northern Light, I lost the Imaging Excellance medallion off my ribbons. Luckily I got it back but after that I took all 4 medallions and had my name added to the engraving on the back. Won't help much if I lose it in a cab or a restaurant like you think you did, but if I lose it at some event it gives me better odds of getting it back. I have been thinking about getting the ring soldered so the medallions won't fall off but there is one more medallion I would like to get some day and I'm afraid to jinx it! LOL

Keith

George_Hawkins
12-05-2008, 02:52 AM
A suggestion was made to me, Mark, from another NH member!
When not wearing them use a glasses case, the rigid kind that sort of snaps closed. Even when going to restaurant, use it.

Good luck getting the replacements.

Dave_Cisco
12-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Hey Guys,

During my travels, I lost every one of my ribbons (probably left them in a cab or restaraunt), but didn't realize it until my return home.

Does anyone know who I contact at PPA about obtaining replacements?
Missing is my Craftsman ribbon/medallion, two An-Ne pins, a Craftsman pin, 3 gold bars, Fuji Masterpiece pin, CPP pin.

I'm also missing Fellowship ribbons from my state and locals but I've contacted those folks directly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

You're hosed...gotta start all over.:D:D:D

Opps, I see Jack beat me to it.

Jack_Reznicki
12-05-2008, 03:21 AM
Mark,

Did you contact PPA yet?
WOndering how you're making out.

Heather_L._Smith
12-05-2008, 03:21 AM
after that I took all 4 medallions and had my name added to the engraving on the back.

All you're missing is your phone number!

Keith_A_Howe
12-05-2008, 03:34 AM
All you're missing is your phone number!

The medals aren't that big - NOW!!! MY WWF Belts are plenty big to add my phone number! I am known as Keith The Krusher - ah - no - wait a minute - that's not my WWF name - that's my affliate juror name.:D

Keith

Heather_L._Smith
12-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Keith The Krusher

That name is so totally going to stick.

Rick_Massarini
12-05-2008, 04:39 AM
That name is so totally going to stick.

And the best thing is that he hung that moniker on himself - so he can't complain when we call him "Da Krusher"!!!

Keith_A_Howe
12-05-2008, 05:45 AM
And the best thing is that he hung that moniker on himself - so he can't complain when we call him "Da Krusher"!!!

Rick,
That will be Mister Da Krusher for you.:)
Keith

Rick_Massarini
12-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Rick,
That will be Mister Da Krusher for you.:)
Keith

Yes Sir! and I'll even bow and scrape and kiss your ring!

Dang - ya know, we REALLY hijacked Mark's thread....

Sorry about that Mark !!!!
I promise no more hijacks.

Say Mark, did you let the local people at whose function you were speaking know that your medals were lost? Maybe they could do some local detective work for you. Those medals and pins aren't worth anything to anyone except the person who earned them, so they may be easily recovered if the locals know where you went and when.

Linda_Gregory
12-05-2008, 01:34 PM
For all your wishing, Keith, you're really just Da Kushie.

Mark, I like Jack's suggestion....Not. If you have trouble with Fuji, this is now an international list, let's put pressure on all our fuji contacts until they get it to him to keep us off their cases!

Carol_Andrews
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Mr. McCall, Mr. McCall, what are we gonna do with you!!!
Must have been a great Texas party....hmmmm. Sounds like a hot tub story to me :)
Call Marissa, (probably after IUSA, cause she's swamped right now) at PPA headquarters, she's just awesome, and should be able to help.
Also, have you asked Frank about the Fuji pin, he may be able to help you there....
If you need any further help, just let Doug or I know....we'll help get you BLINGED out again.... it may cost you though!
Carol

D._Craig_Flory
12-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi Mark;

For the future, once you have them all back around your neck, do what I do. When out at a restaurant, I tuck all three of my medalions inside my shirt, between two buttons. They are out of the way ... and don't end up in the soup. ;)

Mark_McCall
12-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Mark,

Did you contact PPA yet?
WOndering how you're making out.

I have not.
I just returned from Mexico so I'll be contacting PPA this week.
With the convention looming, I'm afraid my request for more ribbons may get pushed to the back burner while they work on the convention stuff.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for checking back.

Say Mark, did you let the local people at whose function you were speaking know that your medals were lost?
I hate to admit....I don't know WHERE I lost them.
Many of my gigs are back to back and I typically won't wear them when speaking to a group where few members have any bling to keep from turning them off.
Also....the restaraunts keep asking me if I'm a Special Olympian. LOL.

Mr. McCall, Mr. McCall, what are we gonna do with you!!!
Must have been a great Texas party....hmmmm. Sounds like a hot tub story to me :)
Call Marissa, (probably after IUSA, cause she's swamped right now) at PPA headquarters, she's just awesome, and should be able to help.
Also, have you asked Frank about the Fuji pin, he may be able to help you there....
If you need any further help, just let Doug or I know....we'll help get you BLINGED out again.... it may cost you though!
Carol
That WAS NOT me in the hot tub....just some other strikingly good looking guy who bears a remarkable resemblance. LOL.
I am trying to reach Joe Cullen with Fuji about the pin....but who is Frank?
BTW...Doug already has a Full Fellowship bling already headed my way.

Keith,
Thanks for the help with my print at SWPPA. I missed 4 for 4 by only ONE POINT.
We'll she how it fares after I apply your suggestions.

Mark_McCall
12-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Got my ribbons from PPA this week!
And the An-Ne Pins are in the mail.
(I actually had more gold bars than I thought I did).

Thanks everybody. Looking forward to seeing you all in Phoenix.

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Fantastic! Glad to hear it.