PDA

View Full Version : Florida looking for potential judges

Kirk_Kief
11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I am in the mode of looking for potential judges for the Florida Professional Photographers Salon Competition, August 22-26-Orlando, Fl.
We require that all judges are Master Photographers. Also Qualified Affiliate Jurors, or judges working for their Affiliate status. In some cases, we can also use judge/speakers.
Please contact me at kirk@fpponline.org

Cheri_MacCallum
11-18-2008, 02:01 AM
If anyone is thinking of doing this...Fla is a really fun group and has tons of talent!!! I've had the privilege of judging there for around 10 years and will keep going back as long as they keep asking me!!!

Stan_Lawrence
11-18-2008, 04:50 AM
Ed Booth, Betty Huth.....:cool:

Kirk_Kief
11-27-2008, 01:47 AM
I've already got Huth and Booth lined up. They were among the first that I talked with. I am still in the hunt. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, Yes, Cheri was definitely asked back! She's a class act. I need more. I'd really like to be able to help some jurors that still need some judging time to gain their affiliate status.

Dave_Prouty
11-27-2008, 06:35 AM
I don't know if he's still doing judging or not, but Bill Stevenson in Naples might be a good choice. I know he was very active as a judge in the past. I haven't talked to him in a few years though. Him and Peg might just be fully retired by now.

Michael_Gan
11-27-2008, 06:55 AM
email coming atcha

Rick_Massarini
11-27-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't know if he's still doing judging or not, but Bill Stevenson in Naples might be a good choice. I know he was very active as a judge in the past. I haven't talked to him in a few years though. Him and Peg might just be fully retired by now.

Bill is still actively judging. He is a PPA-PEC Jury Chairman and he is at the National Judging every year.

Dave_Prouty
12-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Rick!

Hey, thanks for letting me know about Bill! I've mentioned his name before and noone ever replies with knowledge of him. If you see or talk to him, let him know I'm thinking of him and Peg, and tell him this when he asks how I'm doing... just say "Whatever"! He'll get it!

Bill taught me a lot without really knowing it. I appreciate everything I learned from him. If nothing else, just say Hi to him for me.

Rick_Massarini
12-03-2008, 03:51 AM
I usually only see Bill once a year, at the National Judging. I haven't seen him at Southwest PPA recently (those are the only two judgings at which I work every year). I don't know if he'll be going to Phoenix, but if I see him there, I'll tell him hi for you. Bill has been there every year for as long as I can remember. If I don't see him in Phoenix, I'll definitely see him again in June at the '09 National Judging.