PDA

View Full Version : Image submission, have questions...

Mario_Herrera
11-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Hello guys,

I have my 20 images and I do remember that there are guidelines for the size, resolution, I've looked for those guidelines all aver the site with no luck. Then I have to compress the folder with the images in it, following the directions for Mac in the submission form (control/click/ compress) The size does go down but the folder does not have the extension .sitx and it will not take.

Any ideas ? I think I'm just doing everything all wrong.

Hidajat
11-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Mario, I don't know where to find that information on the website. Have you checked link "Certification"? I will contact PPA if not.
I also have question about certification. I passed the exam almost a year ago, now haven't had enough (20 images) images to submit. I know the images should be from paid session within 2 yrs period). I'm still struggle bring in a client in to my studio. But I have more than enough images of non paying session (friends and family)to submit. Any suggestion?

Stephanie_Millner
11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
According to the website, there are new guidelines for 2009 submissions: http://www.certifiedphotographer.com/become-certified.html

Mario_Herrera
11-15-2008, 03:53 PM
According to the website, there are new guidelines for 2009 submissions: http://www.certifiedphotographer.com/become-certified.html

Hi Stephanie,

I was all over that place, the guidelines (http://www.certifiedphotographer.com/image-submission-guideline.html) are missing, it seems they will change in december. Looking around in my docs folder I've found the old guidelines and the size of the images is 650 px on the largest side at 72 dpi Now I just need to convert the folder to the required format (.sitx) but I don't have that program.... Any ideas ?

Mark_Levesque
11-16-2008, 03:25 AM
Can't you just zip it?

Stephanie_Cunningham
11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
You can zip the file by right clicking on the folder Send To>Compressed Folder and that will zip it (on a pc)
For Mac, control click the folder, select compress and you're ready to go.

I used the old guidelines as the 2009 ones arent posted yet.
Format image for 8x10
Adobe RGB color space
650 pixels or 9.028 in. on longest side
72 dpi
Save file at 5 or 6 jpeg compression

Good luck! If you haven't posted your images for comment here, have someone who's been thru this look over your stuff. I had mine looked over and his feedback helped me decide which ones to scrap.
Now I'm waiting and hoping I pass!!!
Steph

Stephanie_Cunningham
11-16-2008, 02:20 PM
The form says it can be either .stix or .zip

Mario_Herrera
11-17-2008, 12:22 AM
The form says it can be either .stix or .zip

That is exactly the problem, when I compress (in Mac) the folder becomes sightly smaller but it is not a .sitix file.... The PPA interface does not take it... I don't know, unless I just type the extension in front of it ... hehehe

Mario_Herrera
11-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Can't you just zip it?

Zip is a PC function, I use Mac.

Mario_Herrera
11-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Save file at 5 or 6 jpeg compression

Stephanie, that is something I did not try I will re-do it today...

Regards,

Heather_L._Smith
11-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Mario -
I'm on a Mac as well, and when I right click/Compress, I get a .zip file as a result. (it could also say "Make Archive" which should give you a .zip as well). What OS are you using? I'm on 10.5.5.

Mario_Herrera
11-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Mario -
I'm on a Mac as well, and when I right click/Compress, I get a .zip file as a result. (it could also say "Make Archive" which should give you a .zip as well). What OS are you using? I'm on 10.5.5.

Hi Heather, I'm using 10.5 Leopard

Mario_Herrera
11-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks Heather, it worked... I've already sent the images to Marissa at PPA.

Carlos_Garcia
12-15-2008, 03:05 AM
Hi Mario my friend,

by the way, good to see you are in this forum Maestro.
When I submitted my 20 images, two years ago more or less, I did a slide show in ProGold Producer and burned a DVD, I numbered the files from 1 to 20 and filled the info about every image on a piece of paper. I did not have any problem.