PDA

View Full Version : Print Comp. Possiblity? CC please

Angela_Lawson
11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Okay, here goes...I'm posting my first possiblility for print Competition (I'm going to try for Mid-East Regionals, if I can pull it together). Please tell me both the good and the bad, what could be changed to make it better, or if it really isn't strong enough. Will I be embarrassed to submit it? I know Keith says to make sure you post regarding what kind of cc you are looking for, so I'm asking for any and all. (I'm still lacking confidence in judging my own work when it comes to trying to chose).

Also, if I should submit it, what should I title it?

Joe_Galioto
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
angela,
although this is a great client image, the subjects right arm is very distracting.
even if you burn it down it appears weak.
joe

Angela_Lawson
11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks Joe, I wondered about that. Would a different crop help any? say maybe horizontal, without the hands in the photo at all?

Keith_A_Howe
11-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Angela
I do not see this image embarassing you in any way. However I also do not see it scoring more than 76. I would see if you have an image similar that you could crop vert. like I sampled with out having to remove the horn. I am afraid that removing the horn on a real print would be noticable because of fabric changes.
Good Luck
Keith
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/Angela1.jpg

Angela_Lawson
11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Thank you Keith. I was prepping this senior's files, and just happened to pull it, as I liked the look, and tilt to his head. Unfortunately, I don't have any with that same look without the horn, since he was going for a jazzy/blues look with his horn. I know he will like them, but was unsure of impact for comp.