PDA

View Full Version : Mid-East Regional

D._Craig_Flory
11-01-2008, 02:01 PM
A friend wrote and asked me for 2009 information about Mid-East Regional & the print competition. It changed quite a bit for next year. I've been a member of PPAofPa since 1978 and as long as I can remember it has always been: in Ohio and in March. Next year it will be in late January and in Kentucky.
http://www.kyppa.com:80/events/events.htm

Mid-East Regional is for members from Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky and Michigan.

Ashley_Short
11-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for posting D. Craig!

Still not sure if I'll go.. esp since we're going to IUSA.

Angela_Lawson
11-01-2008, 05:31 PM
D. Craig,

Thanks for the post. Do you know where I can get more info. on the print comp. requirements for MES Regionals? Haven't entered any print comps yet, and thought I'd start with regionals this year first, but didn't realize that I only had until Jan. now, so I'd better get to work on trying to decide what to send.

Thanks.
Angela

Jonathan_Brown
11-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello every one. I am on the KPPA print committee and wanted to let you all know that I just wrote the print committee chair asking when the registration process will start and as soon as I find out I will post here if someone else has not already posted it.

We have been planning for months now and I know the actual print comp starts the evening of Wednesday the 21st.

D._Craig_Flory
11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Hello every one. I am on the KPPA print committee and wanted to let you all know that I just wrote the print committee chair asking when the registration process will start and as soon as I find out I will post here if someone else has not already posted it.

We have been planning for months now and I know the actual print comp starts the evening of Wednesday the 21st.

Hi Jonathan;

I am glad you jumped in on my thread. I think it would be good to know the average length of time till print cases are back to the studios ... for those in a state where another competition might be a month or two later. They would need to know if they only own one case OR plan to enter any of the prints in their own state.

Jonathan_Brown
11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
I just noticed that we updated the KPPA web site with more information about the MES print comp and our accompanying convention. The exact print details are not up yet but I know they are trying to get it up as soon as possible.

You can go here: KPPA (http://www.kyppa.com/) and go under the Photo Pro Expo tab to get to the MES info page but it is still under construction as of this post.

As for your question about when they will be returned I can not speak to that as I have never helped with that part of the print comps but I can not image it would take long to get them back. They always try to get them back to people as quickly as possible. Also in the past if you attended the convention you could pick up your print case after the exhibition is over so if you will be coming I image you can pick up your case before you leave.

I will try to keep every one update as to when more details will be posted on the KPPA web site. I also asked that the Print committee chair check out this thread but she is not on OurPPA much so I do not know if she will be on here to post any.

Ed_Conner
11-24-2008, 12:58 AM
For those interested the info is up at -

http://www.kyppa.com/mesprintcomp.htm

if the link doesn't work it's on the KPPA website under Photo Pro Expo.

Note the deadline is January 16, 2009 for getting your entries in.

Ed Conner
PPWV