PDA

View Full Version : Help finding judges?

Kari_Douma
10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I am in charge of our programs for our local Photographers Group in the West Michigan Area. We are having a print competition in Jan. This gets us ready to compete at the State level, which gets us ready for the regionals, and then PPA. So, I am having trouble finding judges. I have asked every judge that I know in our area. Is there a master list somewhere of judges tat I can try to look up if there are more in my area that I don't know about?

Don_Chick
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
PPA publishes a list of Affiliate jurors. I tried to find it but no-luck. I'll keep searching....:eek:

Don_Chick
10-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I found the link....

http://www.ppa.com/articles/115/Approved-Juror-List.php

You have to download a zip file that's about 6 meg. In it is a Excel spreadsheet with the names and addresses of all PPA Affiliate Jurors. The reason the file is so big is because there is a picture of each next to their name.

I think there were around 10 listed from MI.

D._Craig_Flory
10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Kari;

You should post what the requirements are for your group. Do they require affiliated judges ? Or, can all or some just be Masters ? Some states allow some of the panel to be Craftsmen. Some sub-state sized groups allow C.P.P.'s. So, I think you should post the requirements so anyone interested knows if they are eligible or not.

Keith_A_Howe
10-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Kari,

I am guessing part of the problem is you maybe don't have a very big budget to pay the judges? FWIW, in order to become an affliate juror part of the process is to judge a certain number of non-affliate competitions where there is also a qualified juror on the panel, who can observe and then fill out an evaluation form on the prospective juror. If you make sure at least one or two of your panel are qualified jurors, you can use that as an enticement to get judges who are working toward affliate qualified status. They may be more willing to come if they think they can fulfill part of the requirement and get that evaluation letter.

Keith

Kari_Douma
10-29-2008, 01:31 AM
I found the link....

http://www.ppa.com/articles/115/Approved-Juror-List.php

You have to download a zip file that's about 6 meg. In it is a Excel spreadsheet with the names and addresses of all PPA Affiliate Jurors. The reason the file is so big is because there is a picture of each next to their name.

I think there were around 10 listed from MI.

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for!

Michaelangelo
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi Kari
I just read your post. Are you still looking for Judges? If so please let me know.
Thanks
Michael Travisano M-Photog CPP