PDA

View Full Version : MARS School in Cape May

Brian_J._McAndrew
03-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Anyone find the MARS classes beneficial? Would like input before I invest.
Thanks

sher_carroll
03-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Hi Brian; I am the associate director of MARS. I will tell you that MARS and ALL the PPA affiliate schools are very worthwhile for education. We, the directors, work very hard to ensure great instructors at the schools, in all areas of study. As for MARS specifically, we hold the school in Cape May NJ, in a beach front hotel, with Victorian charm. Classes are held in the hotel and many locations around the town and on the beach are used for instruction. We have a great line up of instructors for 2006, which you can access online at the website, www.marsschool.com. Our tuition includes room and board, meals and all activities, which we keep fun and exciting, each evening. If you have questions about what class may fit your needs best, feel free to call. This year is our tenth anniversary and will be fantastic. Hopefully one of our students will catch the post and respond to you, but I will be happy to give you some names if you call my studio, 215-256-4215. :)
Sher

George_Hawkins
03-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Come to Cape Cod: NEIPP, New England Institute of Prof. Photography, a committee of PPANE. Visit www.ppane.com
This year's session is March 19-24! There are still some openings. See the instructor PDF's downloadable, and contact Sal for registration!
IT IS VERY MUCH WORTHWHILE!

JoshKane
03-16-2006, 10:06 PM
i registered on this site just to reply to this.

i have attended MARS for the last two years and will be back this year. its an AMAZING school with a great party atmosphere and great sense of community. i come away every year having had a great time and i get back to work and only then do i realize just how much i really learned and took away from the week.

i HIGHLY recommend it. please feel free to email me with any questions you might have. id be more than happy to talk to you about MARS.

JLoor
04-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I attended my first MARS event last year and it was well worth the money (IMO). I felt I got a lot of bang for my buck. Hands on learning with my peers all day long, then all night networking with Photographers from all over the region (and some beyond).

Maybe I'll see you there. Trying to work out my schedule now.

Regards,

Julio in Philly

D._Craig_Flory
04-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Good morning Loor';

First of all ... please add your last name ... the rule of this forum.

Welcome to the Forum. It's to see another photog. from Pa. here. Will you be attending the Pa. state convention April 23rdd to the 26th ? If you need info go to www.ppaofpa.org . You can download the newsletter, a brochure about the special price for non-members, and free passes for the trade show. Hope to see you there.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

Mary_Jane_Smith
04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Yes, I would agree that all the affiliate schools are excellent. I have been to Triangle School of Photography in Pittsburgh and it is great and I am sure Mars is too. One of these days I will get there! But, everyone should join there state association. The dues for the year for a firm member is $200!!! With that you get three meetings and a convention packed with the greatest talent in the world. Plus all the social events that we have...you learn so much just sitting around with other photographers talking.
Two of my dearest friends I met at our state meeting. I was luck to accidentaly join PPA of PA. Really..it was by accident..I saw an ad in the back of a magazine about PPA of America and also the affiliate. I signed up for both of them not knowing a thing. WOW...what a smart move that was.
One more thing...just the other day I had a call from a photographer that may need some help in the near future because of health issues...all you need to do is call and they will be there..THAT is nice to know...you may need help sometime and being a member of your association will give you a network of "friends" that would do just about anything for you....Thanks for listening to me rambling on!!!! Have a good day...Mary Jane Smith