PDA

View Full Version : Textbook edition?

Leesia_Teh
10-20-2008, 04:56 PM
I have just barely started thinking about becoming certified, so sorry if this is a dumb question -- but I saw the textbook "Photography" by Upton & London recommended in this forum and realized I have an old edition from my college days -- the 7th, to be exact, and I think they're on their 9th. As digital photography seems to advance every day, do any of you know if there seem to be enough changes to warrant purchasing the newer edition?

Thanks much!

D._Craig_Flory
10-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Leesia;

First of all, the book is by Upton & London. It used to be London & London.

I think you could use version 7.0 if you also supplement that in other ways. There have been a number of threads, on here, with questions one time and the answers the next. Click at the bottom and click "from the beginning to check for questions and answers. (as well as to see who had study groups and how as I talk about below)

Also, in the past people from OurPPA have formed study groups via the net. You could post asking who did that in the past & how it was set up. Then you could start a new group now.

Once you pay the fee and sign up with PPA to persue this you have up to two years to pass the exam and have your 20 images be accepted.

Leesia_Teh
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry, I did mean to type Upton & London (I was thinking of the writer Upton Sinclair :p) -- thanks very much for the info!

Rose_Mary_Cheek
10-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi Leeisa..... I'm studying for CPP as well, and would love to be a part of a study group. . .

Rose Mary