PDA

View Full Version : When/How do you get the exam results?

KirkDarling
03-05-2006, 02:37 AM
When/How do you get the exam results?

Deleted
03-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Apparently they mail the results to you approximately 2 weeks after you take the test. I just took mine in Dayton ... not sure if I passed or not yet ... we shall see :-)

D._Craig_Flory
03-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi John;

As certification liaison for Pennsylvania, I gave the test to 3 people on Sunday February 12th at our two day Feb. meeting. Last week all 3 e-mailed me to let me know they got their results in the mail. PPA does not tell me if anyone failed or passed. All 3 got the results on Feb. 27th so about two weeks.

For those who don't know, the other half is submitting 20 images to PPA to show the quality of the photographers work. You can send 20 prints or 20 digital images. Print submissions are not judged right away. There are only so many times a year they are judged. So you can send in your images before you ever sign up and take the exam.

To start the process .. for anyone interested. You 1st need to be a member of Professional Photographers of America. You then pay the fee ($100.00 the last I heard) and sign up to take it. An exam is prepared for you. You also contact the proctor (like me) who will be giving the test and tell PPA where you will take it. All exams for those who signed up are sent to that proctor. Afterwards, the exams are sent back to PPA for grading. You must get 70%, or more, correct to pass. (believe it, or not ... the highest score of anyone I've ever given the test to is Harry Markel who is the rep for
Fuji for Pennsylvania. PPA called him to tell him he had one of the highest scores ever ... and he is NOT a photographer but rather a rep for Fuji !!!)

I hope lots of you take the test this year. Remember, if you want to become a Master of Photography ... you must be certified before you can receive the Master of Photography Degree.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photographer, ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

KirkDarling
03-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Are you saying nobody has aced it? Amazing and daunting.