PDA

View Full Version : Danny Leary...tops here in WV

Will_Price
09-22-2008, 03:28 AM
You read it here first folks, Danny tied for 1st place at our PPWV convention today...it was a three way tie, to settle the tie, they are going to lay on the floor and Indian leg wrestle to determine the winner. Updates later. Congratulations Dan.:D

Todd_Reichman
09-22-2008, 03:48 AM
HO-LY COW!!!

Way to go Danny!

- trr

Will_Price
09-22-2008, 04:14 AM
I will tell you how good he is, he didn't even enter an image, he just telephoned in a description of it, and I gave a first hand account of how it looked.... two people fainted at the mental image, and three women (and at least one man) have proposed marraige to him. Just joking of course, he entered images, and they were very good... come spring, I am looking for him to sweep here and mid east both.

Will_Price
09-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Oh yeah, for me and mine, we are swimming in a sea of red ribbons... 78,79,78,79...etc. I just entered a few from spring that didn't merit, apparently they haven't improved sitting in the case this summer.

D._Craig_Flory
09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Congrats Dan !!! Are you going to continue the tradition of a WV photographer getting photographer of the year at Mid-East Regional ? I hope so.

Keith_A_Howe
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
and three women (and at least one man) have proposed marraige to him.

I heard the man's purposal was contingent on how Dan faired in the leg wrestling. Something about checking out his form. Congratulations Dan! Hope you will share the images.

Will, I am really curious how you can have three way tie. Around here when the actual totals are the same, they go back to tenths of a point. (example 80,80,77,78,79 =394 or average of 79.8 or score of 80 ) So I have never even seen a two way tie let alone a three way. That's why we can never be sure in HOA region who is the overall winner just from knowing the announced scores. Two cases could have the same exact total but actually by going back to the tenths be several points points different. So I am really curious if Dan and those other two people scored tied to the tenths (which would be amazing that they were that close!) or if WV doesn't take those tenths into account when naming Photograher of the Year. It doesn't really matter, I am just curious how other places do things.

Keith

Dan_Leary
09-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Holy cow! That's news to me... I couldn't stay for the judging and Will and Dana were texting me updates. I just logged in and saw this post. I'm really shocked. Will, I think I owe you guys a cup of coffee for keeping me updated. Thanks a million!

DC, thanks for the encouragement... I always try my hardest but their are ton of other photographers there that are waaaay better than me.

Dan_Leary
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I heard the man's purposal was contingent on how Dan fared in the leg wrestling. Something about checking out his form. Congratulations Dan! Hope you will share the images.

Will, I am really curious how you can have three way tie. Around here when the actual totals are the same, they go back to tenths of a point. (example 80,80,77,78,79 =394 or average of 79.8 or score of 80 ) So I have never even seen a two way tie let alone a three way. That's why we can never be sure in HOA region who is the overall winner just from knowing the announced scores. Two cases could have the same exact total but actually by going back to the tenths be several points points different. So I am really curious if Dan and those other two people scored tied to the tenths (which would be amazing that they were that close!) or if WV doesn't take those tenths into account when naming Photograher of the Year. It doesn't really matter, I am just curious how other places do things.

Keith

Thanks for the comments, Keith! We don't name our POTY until our spring convention in February. This is our Fall convention and they just pick one Best of Show image and the maker is awarded a trophy at the Spring Convention. Since their is a 3 way tie, I don't know how they'll settle it. Maybe the person whose second print scored highest? I dunno... I am also curious about that one.

I will say that sometimes we do do things a little unorthodox...

JohnHeckler
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Dan, congrats man! Your work is inspiring ... will you post your images here?

Keith_A_Howe
09-22-2008, 02:58 PM
This is our Fall convention and they just pick one Best of Show image and the maker is awarded a trophy at the Spring Convention. Since their is a 3 way tie, I don't know how they'll settle it. Maybe the person whose second print scored highest? I dunno... I am also curious about that one.

Thanks Dan, I misunderstood what Will was saying. So maybe you still have a chance to win if you do well in the leg wrestling?

Will, can we expect video of that? Not for me, but for Andrea, Heather, Liz, & Steff?

Keith

Marc_Benjamin
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I heard that the best sexy man legs win!