PDA

View Full Version : Advice for the Image Review

Kelly_Dobson
09-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Hi All,

I've passed the certification exam (with flying colors!) and now its time for the image review. I know the next one is coming up quick and I have begun to select my images. I need advice on what to choose, this is totally different from Print Competition, right? Are the Judges looking at the work with as critical an eye or are they looking at the work from the perspective of a client? Don't get me wrong, I apply the same passion to all my work both for myself and my clients but I am hearing that the certifcation images need not be 'over-worked' as much as our competition stuff is. Its a whole lot easier to please a client then the judges.

Any tips???

Anne_Raker
09-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Kelly, post some and let us see - that's probably the easiest way to get that kind of feedback. (And congrats on passing the exam! :D )

GeorgeannChambers
09-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Kelly, the best way to get feedback on your images is to submit them to the gallery under the cpp gallery - there is a whole thread for this very thing - there folks will give you honest criticism of your work and you can fix your images (if they need it) before you submit them to be judged by the cpp panel. Many of the people here have done this very thing and passed because of the comments they have received from the folks who have taken the time to critiques their images. It is well worth it but you must follow the instructions to log on as cpp_upload to remain anonymous.
good luck!

Michael_Gan
09-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Here is the link to a post done a couple of weeks ago: http://ourppa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=177843&postcount=19

Kelly_Dobson
09-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi,
I read the thread with the directions on the log-in and password for uploading certification images but I'm not clear on the rest. I can do the log in but have never uploaded a "gallery" before, I'm not sure what to do next. Can you post an exact "how-to"? Do I create a 'New Thread' and upload the images one at a time? I'm sorry I'm clueless on the procedure :(

Michael_Gan
09-17-2008, 10:30 PM
You would go to the gallery section and you should still be logged on as cpp_upload. Go into the certification upload area and look above the thumbnails. You will see image upload link. Make sure your jpegs are no larger than 600pixels at 72 dpi.