PDA

View Full Version : Board Certified

Jeff_Hawkins
09-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Being a Certified Professional Photographer for many years, I have come to point where we need to be recognized for our professional efforts.

Why is it that Doctors promote that they are board certified and the public forms there opinion that they have to go to a board certified or they would face dyer consequences.

The point is, we are in fact Certified by a board and have to have the education to pass the rigid qualifications to say we are a Certified Professional Photographer. I think PPA should take notice of this and start a Board Certified promotion. I believe we can further separate ourselves from the weekend button pushers and be recognized for the professionals that we are.

D._Craig_Flory
09-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Jeff;

We are certified in the same way as a certified public accountant, certified electrician, certified plumber, and so forth. None of those refer to it as Board Certified. The MD designation has to do with medical accredidation. I don't ever see such a name change for us. However, if you feel strongly about this ... call Marisa Pitts at PPA and relay to her what you said. I've been certified since 1986 & am a liaison and don't see a reason to change the wording.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
09-14-2008, 01:49 AM
I think the problem is that some online schools are offering "certification" that does not require you to be reviewed by a panel of accomplished professionals as PPA does. They simply complete the online course and then they are "certified"... I don't think changing the way we present our certification would be a bad thing as it implies more than just passing a test or completing an online course. Just my two cents...

Michael_Gan
09-14-2008, 05:56 AM
Jeff! Welcome to the forum! Your contributions (and maybe Kathleen can sneak in ever so often?) would greatly enhance this forum!... Back to regular scheduled programming...