PDA

View Full Version : CPP image review upload questions

Tracy_McGee
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
I've been looking, but don't see my answer, so I apologize if this has been asked. It says that you cannot be identified in any way through the images posted. It also says that it is a plus to use the site's upload function because it shows the meta data to the judges, but what if your studio info is in your meta data? Or does it not show THAT part of the meta data?

Also, what about many who are concerned about watermarks being in place when posting images online? Is it just one of those risks you have to take to participate? Or can people put a big 'ol "C" or anything on the face of the image to deter from theft?

Thanks! :)

Michael_Gan
09-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Hey Tracy,

The meta data will show only the camera settings, but not important, it just gives me info regarding your settings for recommendations. The posting in the gallery is a way for you to post anonymously so that I can see the images. Others have posted on the forum under their names, but I have to look away or else DQ myself during the judging.

Regarding watermarks. You can, as long as I can make out the image. There is a difference in the security of your images when posting through the PPA site, as opposed to the URL/Photobucket et al way to post: The OurPPA forum has a bot that searches the internet for anybody snagging your images for their web site. And, Our PPA does not have the ridiculous copyright release as Photobucket does (did you know that Photobucket makes you give them co copyright ownership of your images you post with them?).

Tracy_McGee
09-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Thanks, Michael! :) Of course now I suppose I would have to abstain from using a watermark since it would be too obvious who was posting LOL! But if I see others use one I can then hop on board. :p