PDA

View Full Version : CC on last minute entry

Laura_Piazza
09-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Talk about waiting to the very last minute! well, not really, i just had this photoshoot this AM, but am really happy with a couple of portraits I took, so am wondering if it's worth spending the rush charge to get them in time to put them in the New England regional competition (deadline this tuesday).... :eek:
I have not done any work on the photos beyond making them BW. ANy input on whether either of these have the possibility to merit would be very much appreciated. thanks!!

Laura_Piazza
09-05-2008, 08:21 PM
if i go ahead an get a print made, i think i'd use the newly edited one. Not sure if i like color or if i should do BW though.

Greg_Haag
09-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Laura,
I cannot speak to the issue of your New England competition but I wonder if you might increase contrast and possibly vignette to direct the eye more toward your subject? Here is a quick look at my attempt.

Laura_Piazza
09-05-2008, 10:14 PM
oh that looks nice. i will add a vignette.

D._Craig_Flory
09-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi Laura;

The horizontal has good placement of the hand under her chin while it is not an attractive placement on the vertical.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
09-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Laura,

The eye goes to her shirt which is the lightest part of the image. Perhaps making it darker?

Laura_Piazza
09-06-2008, 12:47 AM
oh good point. i will try that. thanks!