PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring

Laura_Beth_Bailey
09-05-2008, 06:39 PM
When I joined PPA about a year and a half ago I chose to join with the status of an "Aspiring Professional Photographer" so that I could strengthen my skills and equipment before claiming to be "Professional." I am wanting to begin the certification process asap. My question is:

Since I have become a member at the "Aspiring" level, does that disqualify me from applying for CPP until my two years at the "Aspiring" level are complete? Are "Aspiring" members eligible to apply for CPP? I looked at the certification site and either overlooked the info or it isn't there. Does someone here know?

I'm very nervous but excited and motivated at the same time. With the flurry of interest lately, maybe it's a good time for me to dive in too.

Once I find out the answer to this question I look forward to posting some images in cpp galleries for input. I think I'd like to begin the image submission process as I study.

Jack_B._Johnson
09-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Here is a thread that might answer your question:
http://ourppa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13761&highlight=certified

Laura_Beth_Bailey
09-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Thank you, Jack that was helpful. I need to upgrade my membership quickly while I'm motivated so well!

Cassandra_Sullivan
09-05-2008, 08:29 PM
you don't have to upgrade until you actually qualify for CPP. They require you to be professional status before they award you CPP. You can hang on to aspiring in the meantime (save some $$).

Jim_Bolen
09-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Laura-
Definitely go for the CPP. I noticed that when I was going for it, I was concentrating more on technique than ever before, and my work showed it. Exposures and lighting were tighter, and my images overall got stronger. Oh yeah, it helped my confidence immensely!

Keep us posted.

Anne_Raker
09-09-2008, 03:19 AM
I was an aspiring member when I got my CPP last month. It just so happened that the timing was that my aspiring membership expired then as well, so I would have had to upgrade either way, but it was fun to get to upgrade because of the CPP and not just because of running out of time on my aspiring membership! :)