PDA

View Full Version : Case for prints

Pat_Wimpee
09-04-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm thinking about entering our regional print competition. The rules state we can drop off the case to different places. (they aren't being shipped anywhere) Does it have to be a case?- I really don't have an extra 200.00 or the time to wait for an order from adorama.
Any suggestions? If I could find a cardboard box, would that be ok?
Thanks for your input.
Pat

Todd_Reichman
09-04-2008, 04:50 AM
They cost $200?!?!?!

I called our local affiliate last year to check on what I could send entries in with. I was told that as a new member they might cut me some slack but that in the future I'd better get a proper case. Maybe call the print chairman and ask what they expect (though I'd imagine they want the real deal).

- trr

andiegoodman
09-04-2008, 04:51 AM
It would be up to the print committee. Some allow alternative cases (i.e. - sheet paper boxes from a lab or the box the lab shipped you the prints in) and some do not. Contact the print chairperson and read the print entry rules VERY carefully.

And...good luck with your entries.

Will_Price
09-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Usually there will be somebody willing to loan you a case for the meeting.

Pat_Wimpee
09-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll call the print chairman and see what he says.
Todd- that's all I saw online with adorama.
I shouldn't have waited so long to get my courage up to enter :)

D._Craig_Flory
09-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Pat;

Congratulations on getting the intestinal fortitude to enter or the 1st time !!!

B&H Photo also sells print cases. I just saw a 4" 16X20 Fiberbilt case for $127.50.

I do recommend soon buying a 2nd case. If you enter PPA Imaging you are without a case for the better part of a year. And, in the case of our state, the regional we are in sometimes is too close to our state competition to get the case back in time.

Laura_Piazza
09-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I got the same case that D. Craig mentioned above at Adorama for $99. I did the free shipping as well. It says it takes 7-10 days for that option, but it really came in 4 days.

Pat_Wimpee
09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks Craig and Laura, I'm off to look that case up!

Heather_L._Smith
09-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I got the 3" from Adorama for $79 - it's plenty big enough.