PDA

View Full Version : When do I get my prints back?

Kari_Douma
09-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi,
I am new around here, and this was my first year entering the International print competition. I had 2 general collection prints, and 1 loan print, and one that did not merrit.

I think the three will be on display at imaging, is that right? What I am wondering is do they keep the entire case until after imaging? Or, do they send back the one that didn't merrit?

Thanks!

Jeff_Dachowski
09-03-2008, 02:32 AM
You will be getting all of your prints and case back sometime in the spring of 09. You will have all your prints in it. Merited and non merited.

Btw congrats! How about showing us your images????

Please??
Jeff

Kari_Douma
09-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Sure! Since I am new here, I haven't looked at all the uploading procedures, or how to do it. The easiest thing to point you to is my blog post about it, with the images there...
http://karidouma.blogspot.com/2008/07/wooooo-hoooooo.html

Keith_A_Howe
09-03-2008, 02:56 AM
You will get them all BUT the loan back after IUSA. I know Jeff knows this but just missed seeing the Loan on your list. Congrats
Keith

Angela_Lawson
09-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Kari,

Congrats and welcome!!

From one Michigander to another.
Angela

Kari_Douma
09-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Angela,
Where are you from in Michigan? I am just south of Grand Rapids. Are you a member of any of the Michigan Groups? I am a PPWM and a PPM member. (Maybe I have seen you around at some of these, but I don't remember... sorry!)

Angela_Lawson
09-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi Kari.

I'm up in Northern Michigan (Boyne City is 20 minutes south of Petoskey). I just joined PPM this year, but haven't been to any meetings yet. Haven't been able to work them into my schedule. :( Maybe we'll catch up sometime soon.

Angela

Kari_Douma
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi Kari.

I'm up in Northern Michigan (Boyne City is 20 minutes south of Petoskey). I just joined PPM this year, but haven't been to any meetings yet. Haven't been able to work them into my schedule. :( Maybe we'll catch up sometime soon.

Angela

I'll be at the Michigan Convention this year, are you going?

Rick_Massarini
09-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Hi,
I am new around here, and this was my first year entering the International print competition. I had 2 general collection prints, and 1 loan print, and one that did not merrit.

I think the three will be on display at imaging, is that right? What I am wondering is do they keep the entire case until after imaging? Or, do they send back the one that didn't merrit?

Thanks!

You'll get the two general and the non merited prints back sometime after Imaging in January - By the time they get the prints shipped back and repacked you probably won't receive your print case back until early February at the earliest. PPA will be permanently retaining your Loan Collection Image for exhibition at PPA Exhibitions around the country and Internationally. While you receive one exhibition merit for each of the General Exhibit images, you will receive two exhibition merits for a Loan Image - and PPA permanently retains the print. Quite an honor - congratualtions on your Loan Collection Image !!!

Angela_Lawson
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I'll be at the Michigan Convention this year, are you going?

Not sure yet - I'm paid for, but might not be in Michigan (hubby may be taking a job position elsewhere soon). :confused: He's interviewing next week. I'll know more after that.

Angela