PDA

View Full Version : Test Dates & Locations?

Andrew_Lee
08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi talented and gifted photogs! It's nice to recognize some familiar names.

I’ve looked but I can’t seem to find the info. I live in Washington State and am interested in studying for the CPP exam. Is there a set time/location for this exam and how often is it administered throughout the year?

Any guidance on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

D._Craig_Flory
08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Andrew;

I am a liaison in Pennsylvania. I give it 4 times a year but some only give it once a year. Here is the list of all Liaisons:

http://www.ppa.com/files/public/cert-liaison.pdf The liaison for your state is well known speaker Gary Jentoff.

Marc_Benjamin
08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
We'll have it again at Golden Gate School (http://www.goldengateschool.com/). Most folks take there since it's nice to go into the testing mindset while taking a workshop. Also, when was the last time you visited San Francisco?

Anyways, do you need to study or are you locked in and ready to go?

Michael_Gan
08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
It looks like I will be proctoring the exam on October 9 before the Northern California Professional Photographers Meeting. It will be at the Walnut Creek Marriott.

I generally administer the exam in April as well and we usually have about 15-20 people taking the exam because of our association's study group.

Tracy_McGee
08-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Hey Andrew! Good to see you here! If I can beg the powers that be to hold it here at our seminar in November will you come take it with me? :p

D._Craig_Flory
08-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi Andrew;

I got an e-mail back from your state's liaison. Here is what he sent:

Hello Craig ...

I give the CPP exam at each PPW event. The next exam will be October 12th at the PPW Fall Conference.

I use a special webpage that I've made to promote PPA Certification to PPA members in the region.

In the past I proctored the CPP exam whenever the candidate and I had a mutually available time and place ... now, PPA requires that exams are proctored at official venues only.

Craig, I typically do not monitor blogs nor forums.

God bless you

Gary

Gary G. Jentoft, Executive Manager
The Professional Photographers of Washington, Inc.
ppwexecoffc@comcast.net
www.ppw.org
206-362-3015