PDA

View Full Version : Time to check your merit record

Michael_Gan
08-18-2008, 11:26 PM
For those of you who have submitted your images and passed your written exam, check your "credentials" in the next day or so. Marisa is pretty good at updating the records!

Congrats to those who passed the images today!

Heidi_Theriault
08-18-2008, 11:56 PM
If you pass one part of the test and fail the other, can you retake just that half? Do you have to pay the registration fee again?

Michael_Gan
08-19-2008, 12:23 AM
You can retake either one of them as many times as you need within the two year time frame without paying extra.

Heidi_Theriault
08-19-2008, 12:27 AM
I was confused when I looked at the image submission guidelines about whether the images could be submitted digitally.

... thanks for answering these random questions.

Mark_Levesque
08-19-2008, 01:27 AM
What happens if you've taken the image submission first, i.e. you've only completed half? How is that indicated?

Michael_Gan
08-19-2008, 03:38 AM
They will notify you by email and mail when you pass the first of the two. If you have completed both, they will do likewise, although the credentials in your PPA merit report will show the CPP pretty much right away.

Anne_Raker
08-19-2008, 03:26 PM
What happens if you've taken the image submission first, i.e. you've only completed half? How is that indicated?

Mark, if you mean how is it indicated in the merit report, it isn't. I know, because I was obsessively checking mine all last week. LOL!

And I checked as soon as this thread went up yesterday, and still nada - so I thought that meant I probably didn't pass... :( but then I checked again this a.m. just to be sure, and there it was - I passed!!! :eek: :D

Jeffrey_Hutchinson
08-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Anne!!

I was wondering if when you get to the merits link - Does CPP in the upper right corner mean your Certified?

Jeff:confused:

Mark_Levesque
08-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Yes, that's what it means.

Congrats, you guys!

Michael_Gan
08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Congrats Ann! That makes two confirmed as passing the images so far for OurPPA!

D._Craig_Flory
08-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi Anne;

Congratulations on being a newly minted C.P.P. now !!!

Hi Jeff;

Congratulations to you, also. I think you made it because you took the exam with me. ;)

Jeffrey_Hutchinson
08-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Craig,

No doubt in my mind it was the professor!!:p

Seriously, the critiques from yourself and Michael were the biggest difference in preparing for the image submissions. That would be the single piece of advice I would give anyone submitting images - in case anyone cares. It was not just my image critiques but reading all the critiques to find out what works and what doesn't. I learned a tremendous amount from that. I'm very grateful for the education.

Again, thanks to yourself, Michael, and anyone else who took their valuable time for input. The cpp web galleries (pre-submission) were a great idea and they are working!

Jeffrey Hutchinson, CPP

That looks pretty cool.

Michael_Gan
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
oh! Congrats to you too Jeff (didn't see on your message that you passed) :)

D._Craig_Flory
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
If any of you are now certified and belong to a state group ... think about a certified group within your state group. We have had one for quite a while here in Pennsylvania. We get a ribbon on our state name badge that shows we are certified and a member of the group.

Anyone interested to info let me know. We had Mark Levesque as a speaker for our all day C.P.P. group program this year. We also have C.P.P. Trophies for the annual print competition.

Carsten_von_Hedemann
08-19-2008, 08:30 PM
yaa I passed to!!! Thanks to all who provided feedback in the gallery review, and the test taking tips :-) Now I can't wait to get my press release kit!!!

c....

D._Craig_Flory
08-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Carsten;

I'm happy to see that yiou passed also !

Anne_Raker
08-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks everyone!! And huge congratulations to Jeff and Carsten, too!

Michael and Craig and everyone who helped with the image critiques in the gallery, you guys rock! I really appreciate the feedback - it was a huge help!