PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

Edwin_C._G._Tan
08-18-2008, 04:11 PM
hi all, I am a noob and newbie here, pls allow me to ask a few questions:
1. Is PPA allow for foreign photographer like me, from Malaysia to register?
2. What will be the different between PPA and other association like WPJA?
3. Can I get distance study from PPA? does PPA offer such course?
4. Competition from PPA only for members? allow for foreign photographer to enroll like me?

Thanks,

Edwin

Michael_Gan
08-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Edwin,

Certification is independent of PPA so all working professionals can register. I've just completed the image examinations today and one of the candidates was from Korea, I believe. The advantage of being a PPA member is that the registration fee for certification is lower (something like $400usd lower).

We do not have any long distance instructional, but, get the Upton/London Book "Photography" and they have an online coarse for you to be tested on what you have read in the book. I'm not sure how we are handling the written exam, so I will find out.

PPA is a non-profit trade organization. Most of the others like WPPI and I believe WPJA are private companies. PPA has more universal coverage of our profession from legal, business, image excellence and insurance.

Anyone can enter in the PPA competition, but in order for you to get credit towards your PPA conferred degrees, you must be a PPA member.

Edwin_C._G._Tan
08-19-2008, 03:34 AM
thanks Michael, pls advise how should I register myself as PPA member. Is there any criteria and how should I make the payment on member fees. Thanks in advance