PDA

View Full Version : Different session/different subject requirement question

Anne_Raker
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I think I know the answer to this and understand how it works, but I want to clarify just to be sure.

For the image submission, no one subject can appear in more than one image, right? So, if you have an image with, say, four people in it - parents, their two year old and their infant, for example - none of those people can appear in any other image submitted, even if it is from a different, completely unrelated session, months or years later. So, say you had another portrait of the two year old as a baby, with just the grandparents - you'd need to pick one or the other, not both, to submit, because one of the people in it (the 2 year old, who was a baby in the second image) was in both images. Do I have that right?

Michael_Gan
08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
The key is that the two people cannot look alike. But, that being said, if the child is over two years from his portrait with the grandparents, then the two year limitation rule applies (I believe that rule is still in place). Tha is, you cannot submit images that were taken over two years ago.

Anne_Raker
08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks Michael. A lot of my clients are baby planners, so I have 3-5 sessions, all with the same sweet baby in them. I'm totally loving two in particular - one that has the baby and family from one session, and one with the baby alone from another session - and having trouble choosing between them. :) I'm not sure if the baby looks too much the same in both images. I may have to ask a friend or something. It's probably not worth it, though, if there is a chance it could disqualify me. I have other images. I just happen to particularly love these two...
I'd be okay on the two year rule - both of these were done in the past year. (My little "for instance" above was made up to illustrate the idea... which was dumb, I should have just said the actual situation! LOL!)