PDA

View Full Version : AG Critique Wanted

cpp_upload
07-29-2008, 09:40 PM
There are more than 20 images for everyone to c&c for the Image Submission- All labeled : cppAG if you could please- THANKS in advance!

adding link: http://ourppa.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3300&cat=504 if it works.

Michael_Gan
07-29-2008, 10:16 PM
I saw them go up, Will get to them once I get done with my studio type stuff;)

Michael_Gan
07-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi AG,

Your images are critiqued. Feel free to express your concerns either here, or in the gallery as a reply. Remember to log in as cpp_upload. Best of luck to you.

cpp_upload
07-30-2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks for your comments Michael. Let me understand- you are a judge and there are two others that will see these images?

Seems my images are not good enough as a group. I probably won't have time to go and find all the images that are technically perfect and are client ready- so most likely, I'll have to wait for the next submission period. I have seen the images of others that I thought wouldn't pass- but yet, they passed -

Lighting is something I'm working hard on. Back to the drawing board.

Michael_Gan
07-30-2008, 06:19 AM
There are 3 of us who will be doing the preliminary work for the week before a teleconference where two other judges will be finalizing the decision with us. Like I said, I think you are close and it is possible the other four will out vote me to accept which will be fine because you are close.

I will leave it up to you, although it doesn't hurt to submit them. If they get rejected, the only thing bad is that the ego gets a little bruised, but there will always be the next submission. Remember, you have 2 years to get these through, and it might be worth giving it a try so that you get the official critique from the other judges. This will help further your learning process.

cpp_upload
07-30-2008, 06:44 AM
I'll try to get some others up for critique. Out of 22 images you rejected all but 9- 2 of which that didn't get commented on at all- and 2 that were a Definite.

I have my work cut out for me.

Michael_Gan
07-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Let's help you. First of all, talk to me about the sharpness of your images. Tell me about your camera and studio set up.

cpp_upload
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I have a Canon 5D. I use AB400- 2 of them. I need to get a third and plan to but haven't yet. I think many of them are more sharp than they appear on hear so I'll have to look at them again.

I would have thought to get a better response to these... Esp. from the lighting gurus that pipe up for others. ...:confused:

Michael_Gan
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Camera settings? F stops? What shutter speeds are you using with your Alien Bees? Also your shutter speeds on the black and whites. How far from the backdrop are your subjects?

Reference the images you would like some lighting techniques. I can help in most of them, and I will PM Don Chick and see if he can add his 10 cents (cost of inflation).