PDA

View Full Version : Only ten weeks now !!!

D._Craig_Flory
07-26-2008, 01:19 PM
As of tomorrow, it is only ten weeks now till I'll be giving the C.P.P. Exam on October 5th.

Mark_Katz
07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
How can I find out if the test is given here in south Texas?

D._Craig_Flory
07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
How can I find out if the test is given here in south Texas?

Hi Mark;

First of all, you are welcome to come up to Pa. to take it.

Go through the list of liaisons and look for Texas. Contact the liaison(s) and ask what dates they give it. I give it 4 times a year but not everyone does it the same.

Mark_Katz
07-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Ummm... forgive me in advance but.. where do I find the list of liaisons?

D._Craig_Flory
07-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi Mark;

It's a .pdf file and here is the link ... from the certification site:
http://certifiedphotographer.com/ppa-liaisons.html

D._Craig_Flory
07-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Mark;

Also, besides having the option to come here to Pa. to take it, like others have done on here, look at states surrounding you like New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. See when they give it.

Mark_Katz
07-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks Craig, I'll look into it.

Erin_L._Clark
07-29-2008, 12:41 PM
I know, I know! I'm still intending on showing up but I'll be MAC flying it into the East Coast and then probably renting a car a week before- I'm notorious for pushing it to the limits on timing so don't be suprised if I say YAY right at the last minute of your deadline. :D

D._Craig_Flory
07-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi Erin;

As long as: As long as PPA gets your notice that you are taking the exam with me and as long as I know about how many are taking it, so I can let our state prez know how big a room I need, we are ok.

Erin_L._Clark
07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
How do I send a notice to PPA? And what's that deadline? I thought I just arrange the written part with the Liaison...

D._Craig_Flory
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
How do I send a notice to PPA? And what's that deadline? I thought I just arrange the written part with the Liaison...

Hi Erin;

The 1st step is paying the fee and giving them the filled out paperwork. Next, they must be told which liaison you will be taking it with, when & where. Usually, for my Sunday October 5th exam date, they would want to know by Monday September 29th at the latest. (my birthday :cool: ) They need time to FedEx the exams to me. If you also let me know by then I'll have space for you.

Erin_L._Clark
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Erin;

The 1st step is paying the fee and giving them the filled out paperwork. Next, they must be told which liaison you will be taking it with, when & where. Usually, for my Sunday October 5th exam date, they would want to know by Monday September 29th at the latest. (my birthday :cool: ) They need time to FedEx the exams to me. If you also let me know by then I'll have space for you.

Sent that payment in already. I would have forgotten to contact them about letting them know WHO the liaison was and yup, I remember you telling me to let you know by your birthday. I should be able to do that. :0) Btw: I'm quite small, I don't take up much space. :rolleyes:

D._Craig_Flory
07-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Sent that payment in already. I would have forgotten to contact them about letting them know WHO the liaison was and yup, I remember you telling me to let you know by your birthday. I should be able to do that. :0) Btw: I'm quite small, I don't take up much space. :rolleyes:

Hi Erin;

Hmmmmm , then you should be able to sneak on board a transport plane and hide in the corner. Or, better yet, if they are bringing some vehicles stateside, you can sleep on the seat. Just make sure the loadmaster doesn't find you. :D

D._Craig_Flory
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
There are now less than 8 weeks till I give the exam on October 5th.

Erin_L._Clark
08-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Still planning on coming Craig. Studying away here. But now I'm wondering if maybe I should try to take the test in Jan. in Arizona since I definitely want to make it to that. .... is there a site online that tells me whether they are giving a test at that time? The CPP site gives phone numbers only for liaisons- and that's usually inconvenient for me because of the time difference. >>>> ?

D._Craig_Flory
08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Still planning on coming Craig. Studying away here. But now I'm wondering if maybe I should try to take the test in Jan. in Arizona since I definitely want to make it to that. .... is there a site online that tells me whether they are giving a test at that time? The CPP site gives phone numbers only for liaisons- and that's usually inconvenient for me because of the time difference. >>>> ?

Hi Erin;

First of all ... I'd like to see you going to the PPA Convention knowing you already passed the exam and can then enjoy all that is going on. So taking it in Pa. I think makes sense.

But, I am pretty sure it will be offered at Imaging. Contact Marisa Pitts at PPA. Her e-mail is mpitts@ppa.com .

Erin_L._Clark
08-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm still aiming for PA. I looked it up on the site and it does say they are giving it in Phoenix by PPA Staff... three different times too, I believe.

D._Craig_Flory
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
It is now only about 5½ weeks till I give the C.P.P. Exam ! Who wants information ???

Louise_St.Romain
08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
well, I'm going to be there .... :)