PDA

View Full Version : From the Print Competition

Peter_Bauer
07-21-2008, 03:05 AM
I'm sitting here in my hotel room, just down the street from this year's International Print Competition, wishing you all could be here. (Well, not in this room, but here in Daytona Beach.) The jurors have assembled and been charged with their duties (great just to watch!), and the judging begins in the morning. (I'm attending the judging clinic, which is an incredible experience already.)

Jack Reznicki, past PPA President, singled out this section of OurPPA.com during class today, noting how valuable it is to those preparing for competition. I mentioned that several folks are entering competition this year for the first time, thanks to feedback and support in the threads here. I find this to be one of my favorite areas of the Forums, due mostly to the attitude of cooperation and fellowship found throughout the threads. (I don't contribute a lot here, and won't until I've earned my PPA chops, but I read most threads. PPA competition is substantially different from that in which I have participated over the years, and until I'm confident in my own PPA entries, I dare not provide suggestions to others.)

If it fits your schedule (and budget) next year, I encourage you all to come for the judging clinic. Not only will you learn a LOT about judging, you'll have a much better idea of what you should be doing with your own images to succeed in PPA-sanctioned competition. And you'll get to see folks like Rick and Keith (among dozens of others) in the flesh.

Keep posting images, keep supplying feedback, and -- perhaps most of all -- keep it all in the wonderful spirit of fellowship and cooperation for which this section is earning a great reputation!

Best,
Pete

Cindi_Penrod
07-21-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm in Jax, lamenting the fact that I couldn't attend this year. :(

Don't have fun without me!!

Keith_A_Howe
07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Jack Reznicki, past PPA President, singled out this section of OurPPA.com during class today, noting how valuable it is to those preparing for competition. I mentioned that several folks are entering competition this year for the first time, thanks to feedback and support in the threads here. I find this to be one of my favorite areas of the Forums, due mostly to the attitude of cooperation and fellowship found throughout the threads.
If it fits your schedule (and budget) next year, I encourage you all to come for the judging clinic. Not only will you learn a LOT about judging, you'll have a much better idea of what you should be doing with your own images to succeed in PPA-sanctioned competition. And you'll get to see folks like Rick and Keith (among dozens of others) in the flesh.

Keep posting images, keep supplying feedback, and -- perhaps most of all -- keep it all in the wonderful spirit of fellowship and cooperation for which this section is earning a great reputation!

Best,
Pete

Pete
It was great to meet you! I'm glad you were there. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

I'm in Jax, lamenting the fact that I couldn't attend this year. :(

Don't have fun without me!!

Cindi
Already did!
We missed you!
Keith

Don_Chick
07-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I want to go next year. Maybe Jeff and I can ride down together....