PDA

View Full Version : Great News for OurPPA at Imaging

Jack_Reznicki
07-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey all,

Just got this from PPA staff. Miller's will be hosting a room to check and upload on the Internet. They are also sponsoring other stuff just for us, like a room to meet, soft drinks, etc. We may want to "staff" it ourselves during the day. If everyone signs up for an hour or two, we would know who we can meet when. Like the Don Chick or Jeff Dachowski hour or the Jack Reznicki minute :D (Not volunteering you guys, but I needed two names as an example. Don't feel pressured at all to disappoint everyone if you can't make it.) ;)
Anyway, here's what I got from staff-

OurPPA.com get-together--Sunday, January 11, 6-7pm
This year, folks on OurPPA.com can find each other at the very beginning of Imaging USA. The Internet Café, sponsored by Miller’s Lab, is a place for any attendee to catch up on e-mails or feed a blog. The Internet Cafe' is located in room 106, West Building, Street Level, in the Phoenix Convention Center.

* Open January 11-13, 2009
* 10 computer stations (with power outlets for laptops)
* Wireless Internet
* Tables, chairs, post-a-note meeting board
* Room for about 150-200 people

And here’s the added bonus for those on OurPPA.com: Millers is sponsoring an OurPPA.com get-together (Sunday, January 11, 6:30-7:30pm)! Come enjoy refreshments and meet the people you’ve been communicating with over the past year…then hop over to Imaging USA’s evening party.

Debra_Collins
07-17-2008, 03:52 PM
How cool is that?!

Ashley_Short
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh my gosh! That's so nice! I'd love to meet everyone!

I guess Millers knows that people talk about them a lot on here, huh? ;)

Heather_L._Smith
07-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Genius move for Millers :)

What a great idea.

Mike_Fulton
07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Thats my lab!

They called me a while back and asked if I thought it would be a good idea and I told them without a doubt YES YES YES

This forum is amazing and someone should sponsor a get together. I know last year in Tampa you had a small one but I could not make it due to having to speak at the Miller's booth, so I guess I can be nice to them again (bwhahahahaah) now for doing this for all of us!

I speak at EPIC that Sunday night after our Imaging speaking engagement, and it ends at 7:00pm so I am not sure I will be able to make the get together but I plan on doing my best if all possible!

:)

Thank you Millers!

Leana_Moss
07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I continue to love Millers.....

Angela_Lawson
07-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Awwww! Now I really wish I could make it. :(

Angela

Howard_Kier
07-18-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure if I'm going to Image this year or the DWF convention held at the same time.

George_Hawkins
07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Thank you Jack!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
07-18-2008, 01:25 AM
I'll be there and look forward to meeting even more friends than last year! By the way, if anyone wants a roommate let me know cause it's looking like I'm flying solo for this one!

Jackie_Haggerty
07-18-2008, 03:53 AM
What a great idea. Millers has got it going ON! :D

Liz_Vance
07-18-2008, 04:14 AM
That's so cool! I don't know if I'm coming this year or not (:( ) but if I do, you know I'll be hangin' out there! :)

Erin_L._Clark
07-18-2008, 08:47 AM
very cool- I'm so ready to register!

Erin_L._Clark
08-12-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm dying to register for my first Imaging USA conference- wondering how many ourppa people are going to be there? Would love to meet so many of you!

Jack_Reznicki
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
wondering how many ourppa people are going to be there? Would love to meet so many of you!

I'll be there :D

Jeff_Dachowski
08-12-2008, 03:00 PM
We will be there..
Jeff and Carolle

Karen_Linsley
08-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I'll be there!

Mark_Levesque
08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
We'll be there. Mark and Betsy

Todd_Reichman
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Will you need an IUSA badge to get into the OurPPA event? I'm afraid to admit it, but like Howard I'm considering going to DWF instead of IUSA this year, but I'd still like to attend the get together.

- trr

Linda_Gregory
08-12-2008, 04:13 PM
DWF?? I think, in singles ads, that's Divorced White Female. Surely not?

No, I will not be attending this year. Alas, it's not my year.

Ah, I'd love to be there to see all those new masters and craftsmen walk up there though!!!

Todd_Reichman
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
DWF = Digital Wedding Forum. Their convention is all about wedding photography and is also happening in Phoenix at the same time. I'm pretty sure a DWF entry gives access to the trade show, I was just wondering if the OurPPA thing would be "behind closed doors" as well.

- trr

Jack_Reznicki
08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure a DWF entry gives access to the trade show, I was just wondering if the OurPPA thing would be "behind closed doors" as well.

Yes, PPA is giving DFW trade show passes and that should let you into the OurPPA room. But I'll double check.
But a Trade Show only badge will not get you into any of the speakers programs or any of the parties. Ot Anne Geddes. That's just for Convention badges.

Marc_Benjamin
08-12-2008, 06:30 PM
DWF = Digital Wedding Forum. Their convention is all about wedding photography and is also happening in Phoenix at the same time. I'm pretty sure a DWF entry gives access to the trade show, I was just wondering if the OurPPA thing would be "behind closed doors" as well.

- trr

It would be pretty cool if the ourppa - DWF'ers can come and hang out. Also, it would be cool to to be able to get into the DWF after hour / side events with an imaging badge as well.

Gregory_Aide
08-17-2008, 12:15 AM
This year, folks on OurPPA.com can find each other at the very beginning of Imaging USA. The Internet Café, sponsored by Miller’s Lab, is a place for any attendee to catch up on e-mails or feed a blog.

Open January 11-13, 2009
10 computer stations (with power outlets for laptops)
Wireless Internet
Tables, chairs, post-a-note meeting board
Room for about 150-200 people
And here’s the added bonus for those on OurPPA.com: Millers is sponsoring an OurPPA.com get-together (Sunday, January 11, 6:30-7:30pm)! Come enjoy refreshments and meet the people you’ve been communicating with over the past year…then hop over to Imaging USA’s evening party.

George_Hawkins
08-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks Gregory, Jack and all those that make it happen,

I have not decided to travel, BUT am quite serious. I'd like to arrive a few (4-5) days early, and take a small rental car to Sedona & Grand Canyon areas.

George

Ellen_Adams
08-18-2008, 04:47 AM
I am looking forward to it. Hope to meet many of you!!!:)

Mark_McCall
09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Jack,
I can volunteer a few hours here and there.
I'm announcing several speakers so as soon as I get that list from Debbie Scott in Houston, I'll know when I'm available.

How do we sign up?

Rose_Mary_Cheek
09-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Jack Hello, good to see you again after Datona. I possibly could offer a few hours, I also am helping at convention and when I get my schedule from Debbie Scott, I'll let you know when I'll be available.

Excited about getting my Craftsman's degree, and taking the CPP three day class... will be a busy week....

Rose Mary

Erin_L._Clark
11-20-2008, 09:05 AM
okay, I remember reading about this get-together- I'll be there. :D

Dan_Schumacher
12-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Anyone that has an available spot to share I can split expenses.I am looking to arrive on Sunday Jan 11th thru Wed. Would like to be as close to convention center as possible. Thank you.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Can you attend/utilize this room even with trade show only passes?

Marc_Benjamin
12-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Can you attend/utilize this room even with trade show only passes?

Don't worry, we'll sneak you in!

Lori_Clapp
12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Does anyone have a list of who of us on the forum are actually going to IUSA? It would be nice to know who we are looking for during the convention.

Dan_Schumacher
12-10-2008, 06:41 PM
To clarify for Jackie, I was in need of a hotel room to share at IUSA.

Michael_Gan
12-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Everyone who's going, PM Lori so she can put a list together :D :D

Lori_Clapp
12-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Dan, I think Jackie meant the PPA get together room.

Michael - you are so dead if I get a bunch of PM's. I already got one - it said "per Michael" in it, so I had to come check the thread to see if you did what I was thinking. And sure enough - you did!!:D

Rick_Massarini
12-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Dan, I think Jackie meant the PPA get together room.

Michael - you are so dead if I get a bunch of PM's. I already got one - it said "per Michael" in it, so I had to come check the thread to see if you did what I was thinking. And sure enough - you did!!:D

Lori - Michael has made you the designated coordinator :eek:
Here come the emails !!!

Lori_Clapp
12-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Michael better sleep with one eye open at Imaging.

Lori_Clapp
12-11-2008, 12:42 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, my inbox will only hold ONE more message - smarty pants. If you want in on the list, see this thread.

http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/showthread.php?p=188989#post188989

And everyone who is NOT going to IUSA, please PM Michael Gan and let him know why you aren't going:D:D:D

George_Hawkins
12-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Lori,

I was about to PM, and realized I have your cell # saved in my contact list preceded by ppa. Isn't that clever? I have a few others I had entered last year. I don't dare post it!

However, I am undecided if I will travel. Funds are extremely tight, even though I have enough miles for a free r/t flight. I have a changeable room reserved about 1/8-1/4 mile walk at $80. Wish I can, but we'll see.

I am trying to make time for extra days to go to Grand Canyon Park for one night to capture sunset & sunrise, and Sedona area briefly.

George

Edit: I followed the link and see you posted you number, anyway........

Lori_Clapp
12-11-2008, 12:46 AM
George, you have to go - use your free air miles, stay at the $80 a night hotel, only buy the trade show pass, and drink free wherever we can like last year - it just won't be the same without you.

I lost your number, and most everyone else's too when that Moose in Yellowstone stole my cell phone. You could PM it to me though.

George_Hawkins
12-11-2008, 12:55 AM
George, you have to go - use your free air miles, stay at the $80 a night hotel, only buy the trade show pass, and drink free wherever we can like last year - it just won't be the same without you.

I lost your number, and most everyone else's too when that Moose in Yellowstone stole my cell phone. You could PM it to me though.

I will have a buddy pass, from a source whose business pays the full amount and adds my name! That's taken care of. Trade show passes are often no charge when registering on site!

Thanks for thinking - no Embassy Suites nearby! Mine is Super 8; clean & such but no frills.

I really want to do a 4-day trip in cheap rental car, so I am working on it.
I had posted in another thread months ago that friends suggested staying in one of several lodgings a brief walk from the GC's rim. Sunset/Sunrise times are 5:30pm & 7:30am. Full Moon on 9th or 10th. I am more undecided to go before or stay after. I'd rather avoid January 19/20 activities wherever.

Lori_Clapp
12-11-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm hoping that the Sheraton has some kind of happy hour - I'm sure it won't be as good as Embassy Suites, but we can hope!!

Michael_Gan
12-11-2008, 06:00 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, my inbox will only hold ONE more message - smarty pants. If you want in on the list, see this thread.

http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/showthread.php?p=188989#post188989

And everyone who is NOT going to IUSA, please PM Michael Gan and let him know why you aren't going:D:D:DLOL, good thing I put a 10 pm ceiling on my inbox (Moderator's prerogative) :D

Stephanie_Millner
12-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Wait...

Lori, moose???

Tonyp884
12-21-2008, 04:51 PM
So, where is this room that Millers is setting up?
Did i miss something?
thanks,
Tony P

Jack_Reznicki
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
So, where is this room that Millers is setting up?
Did i miss something?
thanks,
Tony P

Tony,

We don't have the location yet, but it will be a room at the Convention Center.
We'll have signs or ask any helper with a bright orange tee shirt.

Or listen for the loud, raucous sound and follow that. That will be our room :D

Rick_Massarini
12-21-2008, 10:12 PM
...Or listen for the loud, raucous sound and follow that. That will be our room :D

Hey Jack, I thought that the party was in YOUR room.

OK - you can slap me in Phoenix...

Rick_Massarini
12-24-2008, 07:52 PM
For those of you who haven't yet booked your flights - check out Southwest Airlines - they have some special rated that they just posted that are even lower than they were several weeks ago when I booked my flights. So it just goes to prove that you don't always save money by booking early. Flights from New Orleans to Phoenix are in the range of $109 going and $116 for the return flight. I should have waited to book my flight and I could have saved some money by booking at the last minute (I figured it would be just the opposite). So for anyone who hasn't booked their flights yet - check them out right now. And I'm sure that the other airlines are going to be in the same price range now that Southwest has dropped their prices....
It must have something to do with the current price of oil - gasoline is down to around $1.39 a gallon down here...

Erin_L._Clark
12-25-2008, 02:07 PM
I just saw that Orbitz is offering a low fare guarantee- if the flight you book is sold cheaper to another person- they will refund you the difference right up to the day (?) you get on your flight. Kinda nice to know-:cool:

sweetwaterphoto
12-31-2008, 04:43 PM
We are taking a road trip from up by International Falls, MN to Imaging USA in Phoenix. We are SO excited, where bringing a lot of our toys, film cameras up to 4x5, digital cameras, oh yeah and some clothes. And a weather update, it's -22F right now. See all of you Soon! Marie and Jim Fierek, Togo, MN