PDA

View Full Version : Imaging USA Class Schedule?

Ben_Leavitt
07-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Can anyone tell me for certain when the additional classes for Imaging USA will be? :confused:

I want to go to those but can't book my flight or hotel with confidence until I know which days the classes will be offered.

Todd_Reichman
07-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Typically it doesn't come out until much later in the year.

- trr

George_Hawkins
07-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Last Sunday, I emailed the very same question to info@imaging.....
My reply came Monday saying registration was now posted, and schedules would be posted soon.

They have had added cost workshops on Thursday, Friday & Saturday, with Imaging Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.

I pleaded that schedules are important for consideration for flights, since I believe airline increases will come due to fuel increases.

I would suggest you might do same; we really do not know how much staff & convention planners sees these posts, and react to them. So I think a direct email or call will have more impact.

If you plan a flight now, schedules come out, and you don't like the extras, you can then plan a sight-seeing few days to northern AZ: personal time. In another thread, thanks to a few who posted some great travel ideas!

Jeff_Dachowski
07-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Folks,
the event is 6 months away. As far as airline tickets go, just book your flight now to attend all of the conference. It will be well worth it.

Jeff

George_Hawkins
07-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Good point Jeff,

I will likely book flight for Monday or Tuesday, and take a personal drive northern AZ areas like Sedona! Such as I did in Tampa: went visiting in Sarasota area before Imaging!

George

Mike_Fulton
07-13-2008, 08:52 AM
We (TriCoast) will be speaking at Imaging and EPIC as well as DWF Convention all that week. Here is a run down of TriCoast' speaking engagements the week of Jan 11-15th in AZ 2009. We have four engagements during this time so hopefully some of the OurPPA members can make at least one of them!

Starting off the first day of Imaging 2009 - The first class - Myself, Cody and the TriCoast Crew will be speaking as part of the Essentials Track of Education. Sponsored by our amazing friends at Miller's Professional Imaging.

Sunday - Jan 11th 2009
Essentials Track
7:00am - 8:30am - First Class in the morning - Wireless Flash tips and tricks - Fast and easy lighting for your sessions.

* Basic Tips and Tricks to Canon/Nikon and other Wireless Flash Units
* Manually creating ratios the easy way - Pros and Cons to the IR Method
* eTTL and iTTL settings
* Manual Mode
* Zoom
* Custom Functions
* Learn to travel light and capture on the go anywhere in the world.
* and more!

Later that day I will be going back to where all my lighting really got started and speaking at EPIC (Evidence Photographers International Council) on Lighting Techniques for the Crime Scene. Titled just as me teaching due to my credentials in the Crime Scene Investigation field, but the entire TriCoast Crew will be assisting in instructing, this class is broken up into 3 parts with the last part being sponsored by Canon. The Canon part of the class will have models made up to look like dead people / homicide victims and the students of the class will be photographing them using the techniques which had been taught in the earlier 2 parts of the event.

Sunday - Jan 11th 2009
11:00 - 12:30pm - Lighting Techniques for the Crime Scene Part I
Break for Imaging Expo
5:00 - 6:00pm - Lighting Techniques for Crime Scene Part II
6:00 - 7:00pm - Crime Scene Photography Sponsored by Canon - Canon will be there to assist me teaching the class with their latest and greatest cameras and other tools for the students to use and try out. We will have model(s) dressed up to look like victims of a crime, it should be a blast!

Schedule to be given at a later date: (most likely Wednesday 14th and/or Thursday 15th)

TriCoast Crew will be presenting two classes for the DWF - Digital Wedding Forum Convention. One during the normal convention and one a Spotlight class which will be very hands on and very direct and to the point held the day after both Imaging and DWF Conventions are over.

Both will be about how to learn simple – fast – effective methods of capturing images using Canon, Nikon and others eTTL/iTTL wireless flash without all techno-geeky talk. Straight forward technique developed for the fast paced, action world of wedding photography that can also be used in many other situations. No need for a light meter or guessing a ratio settings, this technique taught will be a simple solution for almost every lighting situation one might face. Both outdoor and indoor lighting situations will be shown and explained, with simple pullback and final product images shown. A NO SECRET approach in teaching, sharing and learning, including the pros and cons and major trouble shooting problems and solutions to this simple yet effective aspect of lighting. Come learn the power of the “other” wireless flash technique, the IR-Method.Again the convention engagement will be for 90 minutes and more just speaking with images and examples shown through a PowerPoint Presentation. The SpotLight 3 hour course will be very hands on for the limited about of students in the classroom.

I hope to see some of you all there - I know it is 6 months away but hey money is hard to come by and the more information you have in the early stages the better chance you can make in attending one or more of the events in AZ.

A Schedule at a Glance (http://www.imagingusa.org/pdfs/grid2009.pdf) is online now as well. While not complete (at least ours is not, it does offer a good idea of what to expect.

We have our hotel rooms and car just need to book our flights now.