PDA

View Full Version : Albums on CD

Dennis_Craft
07-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Starting at the 2006 International Print competition, PEC will allow submission of albums on CD. This will be the frist major change in print competiton since PEC went to thumbs to score images at National.

Mark Garber and the PEC committee should be commended on the changes in PPA's International Print Competition. It still sets the standard in the industry.

Jack_Reznicki
07-30-2005, 07:20 PM
I think that's a great step and reflects what's going on in the industry.

Deanphoto
07-31-2005, 07:20 AM
I am very interested in reading the rules for your PPA print competition. Where can these be found? The Australian Institute of Professional Photography run a world class event annually for its members and the professional photography community. This is called The Canon Australian Professional Photography Awards. For the first time this year we ran a Wedding Album Category. This was very successful and all entrants had to supply a CD with images.

Cheers
Jackie Dean
Sydney Australia

Kirk_Kief
07-31-2005, 05:02 PM
On judging the Albums on CD. I'd be very interested to find out how these will be viewed. Can someone elaborate as far as monitor type, room set up for the judges, etc. I'm deeply involved with Florida's Salon, I envision in the not too distant future that we will be submitting our prints via electronic means. NancyBell Hamilton and I have already been discussing what equipment would be needed, judging room set up, which can be in a totally seperate room from the viewing audience. The viewing audience will be able to watch the judging on a monitor, and each judge can be miked so all can hear their comments as they discuss a print. That alone, is a major plus as the audience will no longer have to 'zip their lips' during the judging. I foresee this, Albums on CD, as the first step in changing to an all CD Salon competition in the future.

Gregory_Aide
07-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Last years rules are attached. Links to the new rules will be posted in this forum when they become available.

I am very interested in reading the rules for your PPA print competition. Where can these be found? The Australian Institute of Professional Photography run a world class event annually for its members and the professional photography community. This is called The Canon Australian Professional Photography Awards. For the first time this year we ran a Wedding Album Category. This was very successful and all entrants had to supply a CD with images.

Cheers
Jackie Dean
Sydney Australia

Helen_Yancy
08-02-2005, 03:40 PM

Cheers
Jackie Dean
Sydney Australia

Hi Jackie;
As a member of PEC - PPA's Photographic Exhibition Committee - I am very interested in the mechanics of your competition and what made it successful. PEC is doing research on the very best ways to implement our Album Competition electronically, and we are developing the rules. The goal, of course, is to make the competition easy to enter, judged in the most fair and equitable way with a level playing field for all entries and a judging process that meets the very high standards that PPA has always set for competitions.
Where can I find your rules and guidelines?
Thanks in advance!

Helen Yancy
PEC member
www.helenyancystudio.com

Jason_Smith
08-04-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm very excited to see the competition moving in this direction. Growing up and going to and entering many, many competitions I think this is a step into the next generation of pro photographers like myself. Keep up the changes. Change is good for the soul. :cool:

Ian_Aleksander_Adams
08-04-2005, 04:25 AM
Gregory,

Thanks for the rules. I probably missed this posted elsewhere, but I was wondering when/where the next chance to compete would be. I'm still a little bit confused about all that, but I'm new, so maybe I just haven't been a member when an anouncement was made about it.