PDA

View Full Version : Look forward to new changes

Darren_Osgood
06-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Michael,

Read with interest your announcement on the new changes coming. They sound like very good improvements and the anonymous posting will help those with cold feet like me :o

Darren

Michael_Gan
06-29-2008, 10:35 PM
On behalf of the committee, thank you! We're excited to get the Liasons to be more proactive and in beter communications with each other and the fact that the judges can now help those with images without have to recuse themselves during judging. Also, we are working on clearer guidlines with the image submissions. There will actually be a change in the way you enter your images. That is, it will have something to do with demonstrating what you answered correctly on the written exam;) ....er, at least we hope you answered correctly :D

D._Craig_Flory
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
On behalf of the committee, thank you! We're excited to get the Liasons to be more proactive and in beter communications with each other and the fact that the judges can now help those with images without have to recuse themselves during judging. Also, we are working on clearer guidlines with the image submissions. There will actually be a change in the way you enter your images. That is, it will have something to do with demonstrating what you answered correctly on the written exam;) ....er, at least we hope you answered correctly :D

Hi Michael;

When do you think we liaisons will get this information ? I've told my buddy Al DiCampli I think liaisons should all strive to give the exam multiple times a year ... since I know that some only offer it one time a year. I give it 4 times a year and would like to see that be an average.

Michael_Gan
06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Al is working overtime (and then some) on getting all the operations manuals for the liasons put together, bless his pea pickin' heart. I'm working on the procedures on how to put together study groups for local affiliates, and Ron Nichols and Sam Puc' are working on the image submissions standards. Marie Curtis, Ryan Brown and Eric Richards are working on getting the samples for the what is acceptable and what is not for the candidates. This committee is really hard at work right now, so if you can all bear with us, hang tight while we get all this together. We have targeted all actions to complete by mid July. With this committee, I don't doubt it. :)

D._Craig_Flory
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Al is working overtime (and then some) on getting all the operations manuals for the liasons put together, bless his pea pickin' heart. I'm working on the procedures on how to put together study groups for local affiliates, and Ron Nichols and Sam Puc' are working on the image submissions standards. Marie Curtis, Ryan Brown and Eric Richards are working on getting the samples for the what is acceptable and what is not for the candidates. This committee is really hard at work right now, so if you can all bear with us, hang tight while we get all this together. We have targeted all actions to complete by mid July. With this committee, I don't doubt it. :)

Hi Michael;

If Al is ramrodding it ... should not be a problem. For those on the committee who don't know: Al was a Golden Gloves Boxer in Philly ! If someone gets out of line - look out !!! ;)

If you want Al in a great mood, play some 50's Street Corner Harmony Doo-Wop music. (expecially groups from Philly)

Stephanie_Cunningham
06-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Does this mean there might be a change to the image submissions before the next deadline in August? Am trying to get images together to send and would hate to get them ready to find out the rules or something has changed!
Steph

Michael_Gan
06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
No, not for the August. We want all candidates to have plenty of time to understand the changes.

D._Craig_Flory
07-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi Michael;

After you posted ... I got an e-mail from Marie, about the changes, and that the committee is working hard to finish it soon.

Michael_Gan
07-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Like I said, hang tight. There's a bit of a bottle neck with the staff at PPA (not any fault of their own) with major changes with the PPA site, so they are a bit swamped. The certification committee will have everything ready to put in place once our turn comes up.

Tracy_McGee
07-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Okay, am I blind? Where and what is this new info you guys are talking about?

Michael_Gan
07-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Not here yet :D This is announced as "coming soon" to this forum. Also, if you are looking for the announcement that we are talking about, you need to go into the certified section and the announcement is at the very top of the list of topics. If you are using the "new posts" view, you will never get to see the announcement;)