PDA

View Full Version : I have some CPP study books for sale.

Jennifer_Grigg
06-17-2008, 04:32 AM
I passed the test, but can't seem to pass the image review.

Here is my link
http://www.creativeshake.com/ppashow/profile.html?MyUrl=imagereview70

If you have any image review suggestions, I would dearly love to hear from you.

I have the current Barbara London book, a 3rd party study guide with flash cards, the Body Parts book, the kodak portrait book, the fuqua light book.

If anyone wants to study without paying full retail like I did, email me at

photos@jennifergrigg.com

D._Craig_Flory
06-17-2008, 01:02 PM

Hi Jeannifer;

I looked at all of your images and saw three I would have passed. I suggest meeting with another photographer or two and having many dozens of your images to cull through to get 20. It's difficult determining 20 images from your own work. I think it takes someone not emotionally close to point out problems and flaws. By the same token, someone else could spot images to use you hadn't thought of.

If you belong to your state's photography association .. take a whole bunch of images to a meeting for review.

Good luck !

Karen_Linsley
06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Jennifer; Just as a note of encouragement I did not pass my image review on the first try. I going to go look at your images now.

Karen_Linsley
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I see 4, 6 and 16 as keepers. I see lighting and posing issues in most of the others. In general the lighting is flat on most of your photos, and posing needs some work. I noticed on most of your individual shots the image is a full frontal, there are no angles, no wieght shifted, no head tilts, flat lighting. The lady in #17 is better, you have some directional lighting here (although it's a bit harsh) and some posing going on, but camera angle is too low.

I know it can be discouraging to submit your work and have it not pass. But keep at it, I guarantee it will make you a better photographer, and you will feel better about yourself and your work as well, at least that's how it worked for me.

Craig is right, get a couple of others to help you select your images, and this summer keep working on improving lighting and posing. I contacted a couple of people from this board to help me. It doesn't have to be done in person, you can post images like you did here for review.

Angela_Lawson
06-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Jennifer,

Keep at it - I too didn't pass image review first time around. This forum was a great help to me, as were several individuals specifically. We are all willing to help. I just got back from taking an Advanced Lighting course from Jeff Dachowski which was absolutely great. If you can, take some extra classes, it will help, no matter where you are in your photographic career. And I can't praise the people willing to help on the forum enough. As long as you are willing to ask for the help, they will respond.

Angela

Rodney_Ninow
06-18-2008, 12:23 AM
I am new to PPA. So there is an online image review that you have to pass to achieve something? Along with a test? Is this to become a Certified Professional Photographer? Is there no actual print comps involved in this?

Cheri_MacCallum
06-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Rodney,
Yes, certification sets you apart! You have to pass a test and pass a review of 20 images. There is an online review several times a year or you can opt for submitting 8x10 prints to ppa once a year.

Rodney_Ninow
06-18-2008, 02:37 AM
Thanks Cheri, I assume the details on are the PPA website, now I just need to find my magnifying glass to find it!

Mark_Levesque
06-18-2008, 02:39 AM
http://www.certifiedphotographer.com/

Roger_Williams
06-18-2008, 02:14 PM

Here is my link
http://www.creativeshake.com/ppashow/profile.html?MyUrl=imagereview70

If you have any image review suggestions, I would dearly love to hear from you.

I have the current Barbara London book, a 3rd party study guide with flash cards, the Body Parts book, the kodak portrait book, the fuqua light book.

If anyone wants to study without paying full retail like I did, email me at

photos@jennifergrigg.com

Jennifer, I sent you a PM.

Jennifer_Grigg
07-03-2008, 06:55 AM
books are sold

Thanks everyone!

Jennifer_Grigg
07-29-2008, 02:24 AM
When is the deadline for the next image review? I have several new wedding to cull through and I might try again.

Michael_Gan
07-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Image evaluations begin on August 10th, so I would assume that the deadline would be before the 9th. Email Marisa Pitts (mpitts@ppa.com) for the actual deadline.